Rear Diff Gone Already

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nah its not the steering stops.

its from the back. not sure whjere from, im thinking the diff. what should i check it for? oil?

Is yours a 2009/2010 model D22? if so take it back to Nissan ASAP. They will know all about it and will fix it under warranty. As this thread says it is a widespread problem for this model D22 as the wrong diff oil was put it from the factory and made the LSD clutch packs bind. Mine was one of the first to encounter this problem, took them 7 weeks to fix it.

If it's an older model, then I'd say it's probably a similar problem, your description sounds identical to my diff's symptoms, but it's out of warranty then you may be up for some big bucks unfortunately....

dammit.

yer its a 2006 model. bought it from nissan in may tho so i still for the dealer warrenty which isnt that great lol.

It only does it sometimes and only when i full locked the steering, and then i does happen, its only afew clunks? il try to do it again pay more attention.

Simon

simoness it sounds like your rear diff, mine was exactly the same, try it in reverse at a slow speed and full lock and it will probably do the same thing. that means take it back to nissan and fix it under warranty

Anthony

I will have a 1400km old LSD R200/C200 Center for sale soon if anyone wants to make me an offer... its the rear diff center out of a 2010 D22.

I got an air locker put in, and made sure they didn't tax my old center ;)

Thanks for the replies guys, as said in other posts it was a case of wrong oil in the diff, the dealer i took it to was great i had the car back in 2 days with a whole new diff said it quicker and easier than repairing. It's a rather big mistake on the production line behalf using wrong oil etc, someone must of copped it after that:big_boss:

Hey guys I know it is an old topic, I have the same problem on my 2010 STR I am waiting for the new diff too come in. My concern is that they don't think they will get it before Easter and I want to take the ute away, not off road much but want to know if it will shit it self completely and leave me and the family stranded. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers

One would think that, they would of realised by now there putting the wrong oil in with all these claims. Idiots.

How many km's mate ?

I'm not sure I'd want to risk it.

Might be worth taking to the dealer and asking them for a loaner - it's the manufacturer's fault that you aren't going to be able to (safely) use the vehicle for a planned holiday. The dealer ought to be able to swing the loan out of Nissan, especially since the entire issue was Nissan's fault and responsibility.

You would think so. I think they dont want it too publicized as once they admit there is a build problem within a particular time frame they would have to do a recall and replace all the diffs. Done 40,000 getting an iron man suspension lift and upgrade next week and was planing to test it out at Easter so a bit pisses as too the timing.

Gotta agree with Tony.

See if they will give you a hire D22 for the trip.

They should do as you bought one to start with.

Latest posts

Back