Rear drum leak??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

06nav

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377080038.443820.jpg

I'm thinking this is why I have to keep topping the brake fluid up, any advice before I go looking tomorrow? Cheers guys

Slave cylinder seals are gone I reckon. There's a sticky in the D22 section on how to replace rear brake shoes that might be of help.

So I did the rear cylinders todayImageUploadedByTapatalk1379151248.440815.jpg as the old ones had enough. Afterwards I was bleeding the brakes but I'm getting nowhere! The hose I was using to bleed them was to big so maybe air was getting back in? I managed to lose the cap for my brake fluid reservoir aswell, maybe this doesn't help bleeding the lines? Thanks in advance for any tips

U can buy a bleed bottle from ur local auto parts store and are u pumping the brakes then undoing the bleed valve with ur foot pressed onthe pedal once the pedal is fully depressed tighten the valve before u let ur foot off the floor

Get hold of one of those little bleeder hoses from super cheap or repco or somewhere like that if you don't allready have one. Put it in a jar but don't just trust the non return ball valve on it. Make sure it is submerged in the brake fluid in the jar. Really need two persons, one pumping the brake who is also responsible for making sure the reservoir has enough fluid in it. The other under the car making sure the tube is in the brake fluid. Don't open the bleeder to much or it may suck air back thru the thread. Flush some thru first with several pumps till you see nice clean fluid come thru.
With the person under the car calling the shots, slow pumps, at the bottom of each pump to the floor hold the pedal on the floor and nip up the bleed. Then slowly release the pedal.
With some slight pressure on the pedal, open the bleed and repeat a 2 or 3 times. Pedal should go hard with no air in the system.
Start with the furthest brake and work to the closest to the master cylinder. Do the front as well.

Get hold of one of those little bleeder hoses from super cheap or repco or somewhere like that if you don't allready have one. Put it in a jar but don't just trust the non return ball valve on it. Make sure it is submerged in the brake fluid in the jar. Really need two persons, one pumping the brake who is also responsible for making sure the reservoir has enough fluid in it. The other under the car making sure the tube is in the brake fluid. Don't open the bleeder to much or it may suck air back thru the thread. Flush some thru first with several pumps till you see nice clean fluid come thru.
With the person under the car calling the shots, slow pumps, at the bottom of each pump to the floor hold the pedal on the floor and nip up the bleed. Then slowly release the pedal.
With some slight pressure on the pedal, open the bleed and repeat a 2 or 3 times. Pedal should go hard with no air in the system.
Start with the furthest brake and work to the closest to the master cylinder. Do the front as well.

Thanks mate, got the right size hose to bleed it and worked a treat

Latest posts

Back