rear step for stx550

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zebra

Reaction score
Was sick of waiting for arb rear bar so built one simular myself.
I endend up using a standard tow bar as the platform to mount the step and rear bar. For more departure angle I cut the tow bar off the mounting plates and flip it so the hitch receiver is now on top of the rhs cross beam. All up it cost about $150 I plan on mounting some led work lights in between the bars to light up camp sites and for reversing.

Attachments

• mobile 3 020.jpg
    mobile 3 020.jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 302
  • mobile 3 019.jpg
    mobile 3 019.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 323
your wright it is painted only rough in a can job for now till I decide what lights im going to put on it .
Very dry and dusty and with all the running around setting up fire pumps and moving cattle with this fire close by its impossible to keep her clean.

Thats a great looking bar mate, If i didnt already have an ARB one i would be asking you to make me one. nice work.

Thats a great looking bar mate, If i didnt already have an ARB one i would be asking you to make me one. nice work.

Thanks I'm wrapped with it myself and after having an ARB rear step bar on my 07 stx I can tell you this one has heaps more clearence on departure when going though steep creek crossings and water run offs on 4wd tracks
Best part about it is that it all attaches to the original mounting of the tow bar no mods to chassis no drilling holes to easy

Thanks I'm wrapped with it myself and after having an ARB rear step bar on my 07 stx I can tell you this one has heaps more clearence on departure when going though steep creek crossings and water run offs on 4wd tracks
Best part about it is that it all attaches to the original mounting of the tow bar no mods to chassis no drilling holes to easy

yeah i noticed that you had the tow hitch up higher then mine, and i totally agree about the extra clearance.
might look at something like yours in the future, or if you feel like making another one let me know??

Back