Rear suspension for towing van

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tregg hitches don't really work with WDH so springs it'll have to be. Dual rate would be the best. Fisher, if your car's been recalled for the tow bar it'll be good. Is there a chance to move the battery to the very rear of the trailer? What about slinging it alongside the water tank? Battery weights are significant. Take 30kg off the front and add that to the rear and (thanks to the balancing action) you're removing 60kg from your ball weight.

Thanks Tony. I did check the tow bar this morning, just to make sure - all good, 5 bolts each side. The new springs I've got are 5+2, which from what I understand are 5 longer springs, plus 2 shorter - I assume these would do what you've described.
I had a good look under the camper today - no option to move anything else rear of axle. About all I can do is try to move some weight to the car when travelling.

The springs sound pretty good and in my opinion they're a much safer option than air bags.

If there' no room to move weight about, then the best advice I could give is to really slow down for causeways and cattlegrids. There are cattlegrids across major highways - they're usually fairly good, but we've hit a couple that were a bit ordinary.

Back