Rear USB Socket

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1310/71

Reaction score
Thought I'd share a quick mod I've done over the last two nights after work.
I bought a USB/12V Cig lighter socket from Jaycar for around $30, then ran a wire and fuse from the front cig lighter to a plug under the console.

Then screwed the USB socket to the back of the console; wired the two sockets to the other end of the plug and made a little cutout for the wires (you could actually drill a hole and grommet if you wanted to as there is a reasonable bit of space between the back of the console and the inner storage compartment I found out after I'd made my cutout) to pass under the back of the console.

Main reason was so Miss 10yr old can power up her iPad while driving. Hope to test it out over Easter but looking good so far.

Attachments

• DSCN2480.jpg
    DSCN2480.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 219
  • DSCN2479.jpg
    DSCN2479.jpg
    218.6 KB · Views: 210
  • DSCN2483.jpg
    DSCN2483.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 238
Good stuff. I have similar plans but off the aux batt so they the freaks don't get upset everytime I turn off the ignition and they lose power.

Did this finally however I used the flush Mount Narva one. Cig socket and usb socket. Wife didn't care but I was excited! Cheap thrills.

Latest posts

Back