Rear Wheel Nuts

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OneMofo

Reaction score
So long story short and to lessen the stupidity of admitting i cross threaded a rear wheel nut while fitting a lock nut.
Anyone know how to remove one of the rear wheel studs without having to do the whole hub??
Honestly i have not tried or even looked as im stuck at work all week and wont have time till end of week at least.
info appreciated cheers.

getting the outer hub off is fairly easy, provided hub is not heavy warn and brakes adjusted tightly. by memoery just thread in two bolts and it pulls off.
if brakes shoes are hitting it you will need to back the brakes off by accessing the adjusted from the back. fiddly job.

can't remeber what style of stud they are. you should tell once you buy one. probably just a case of threading out the old and in with the new.

Cheers Tweak`e, im headed up the snowies next week so ill put it off when i get there as the old man has plenty of shed and tools, plus i can get a spare stud there. Ill have a look and let you know how i go.

It does actually thanks for that, just need to pull the wheel off and see how to remove it as a single stud.

Cheers Steve

Should be pretty easy. As above wheel off, then brake drum off and it should be fairly straight forward. I've had to do it on a falcon before, someone before me managed to break one in half lol. Wasn't too hard. When you get the new one in just put the nut on it to pull it tight into the hub

The last time I had a broken stud I just got a heavy hammer and gave it one good bang and it fell out behind the axle , then I was able to get enough thread sticking out to put on a nut and it pulled its self into position , a 5 minute job .

Might give that a go too, been a bit lazy of late, it performed ok up the snowies the other week. but ill have a look this weekend probably. cheers for that.

Latest posts

Back