Recall, Airbag Inflator

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony d22

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I just read about a notification of a new recall impacting some D22 Navaras (range un-known at this stage).

Details as follows:

Nissan—N16 Pulsar, D22 Navara, Y61 Patrol, X-Trail Airbag Inflator
PRA number: 2013/13542
Date published: 12th April 2013

Product information

Product description
N16 Pulsar, D22 Navara, Y61 Patrol, X-Trail airbag inflator

Identifying features

Campaign number: R1302

Target: 11,360 units

What are the defects?
Some airbag inflators were manufactured out of specification, which can create excessive pressure within the inflator during air bag deployment and result in abnormal deployment.

What are the hazards?
If the defect occurs, the airbag may not adequately protect occupants in the event of a collision.

Where the product was sold
Nationally

Traders who sold this product
Authorised Nissan dealers

Supplier
Nissan Motor Co (Australia) Pty Ltd

What should consumers do?
A letter will be sent to affected owners. Customers may contact a local Nissan dealer to arrange for inspection and, where necessary, rectification of the front passenger airbag inflator.

The recall action is due to commence in May 2013, subject to parts availability.

oh phew, had me worried there for a sec... but my one doesn't have a passenger airbag so all good.

T30 X Trails built from 2000 - 2004 are affected which probably means that early model D22's could get the recall.
If you brought the car second hand you will not get the letter, instead call Nissan Customer Service on 1800 035 035

Latest posts

Back