recent chip comparo

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chip it
March has been and gone, and i am sure that i am not the only one on the edge of my seat waiting for your zd30 non crd product to hit the shelves with some info on what it will do better/different to other chips.
Cheers Bryce

What he said, i am interested to see what Chipit can do with the 3.0DI

This is an interesting thread thanks guys. I am researching chip options for my new patrol and obviously a lot of this stuff is relevant. I'm sure a lot of others are benefiting too. Keep up the good work.

Chip it
March has been and gone, and i am sure that i am not the only one on the edge of my seat waiting for your zd30 non crd product to hit the shelves with some info on what it will do better/different to other chips.
Cheers Bryce

Hi Bryce, call me on 0412 304030. They are available but need to discuss your options

EGT Control is still a safe guard that is provided by Chip It Module

They are 200X harder to produce than a CR chip.

All a CR chip needs is a few variable resistors to lower common rail pressure, and in ChipIts case, another few to up the boost pressure.

To control the Zexel VE pump in a 3.0 Patrol you have to control the high voltage spill valve which is vastly different in design.
The main reason is, the ecu varies the spill valve frequency to control boost and timing, as the injectors are not electronically controlled.

How long has the chipit pre CR 3.0 chip been in development for?

Northside at least we DO produce. You just buy stuff in that OTHERS have produced. How do u sit there and have a shot at us for getting our hands dirty and investing the $30 to $40K that it takes to get these to the point of testing? Not the mention the time it takes to prove the product and provide 2 to 5 years warranty and all the backup support infrastructure.

Some people talk the talk ... we walk the walk.

Guys the chips are ready. EGT control if you want to as well.

Prices start at $899.00

Last edited:
G,day gents,

I have just had a Chip It chip installed and I am not happy to say the least. I am stranded with friends in a caravan park on the Sunshine Coast on day 2 of a Cape York trip!

Before I had the unit installed, I never had a problem with my 2005 Navara 6 speed manual, 118 k's on the clock. The chap that installed the unit to my vehicle was recommended by Chip It.

I arrived at Caloundra at 9.30am Saturday morning to be advised that my vehicle was booked in 11.00am. My wife and I set up camp at a local caravan park waiting for a call to come and attend.

I attended the Chip It recommended installer at 1.00pm. I was advised that he had a problem with a Toyota Hilux that morning whilst fitting a Chip It unit to it, and that's why he was late to start on my vehicle. Fine I did not have a problem with that.

When he conducted the first dyno test, the result was 96kw and not too much smoke was produced. However, when the chip was installed and an hour of dyno testing later and with severe smoke produced the chip only produced 118kw not the 130+kw Chip It claim on this vehicle.

The car was taken for a test run and the mechanic told me that he was disappointed with the result. He also confided to me that this was the first Navara D40 that he had installed a chip too. I took my car for a run and I could not notice much difference in power. He further advised me that he took a stock standard Navara a few weeks earlier, and thought that the stock vehicle went harder than my car with the Chip It unit installed.

He further advised that I should not go to the Cape due to the high exhaust temperature’s and that I should come back and see him on Monday for further testing, to see why the car is not getting the results that the chip should be producing.

At 3.30pm and 1,300 dollars later ($899 unit and $420 for dyno tune) , I left the premises feeling very depressed and devastated. The installer was in a hurry to take his children to the Nambour show. Fine I did not have a problem with that either. However I am left in the dilemma with how much more is this chip going to cost me to get the alleged results that the company states publically on its web site.

I am absolutely disappointed because I was advised to purchase this product by Chip It and my vehicle was running fine before this chip was installed.

Our trip to Cape York was twelve months in the planning and now it is all on hold due to this chip.

Regards,

RLI.

It is possible the boost module was not operating correctly and that is whats giving low power figures and alot of smoke.

I have seen a handfull of d40's with this same problem using chipit's.
They were still running the standard 20psi, not the 28+psi the chipit chips tune them to.

Thus power was down and because the chip has no idea if the boost level is low/spot on/to much, and it provides WAY to much fuel for the standard boost level.

Drop in tomorrow morning and I can sort it out for you mate. Just call ahead on 3481 2982.
I wont charge you a cent to diagnose and fix the problem if I can.

I am very happy to see some one on the forum has come to the aid of a fellow 4wder !!!!!!!!!!

G,day gents,

I have just had a Chip It chip installed and I am not happy to say the least. I am stranded with friends in a caravan park on the Sunshine Coast on day 2 of a Cape York trip!

Before I had the unit installed, I never had a problem with my 2005 Navara 6 speed manual, 118 k's on the clock. The chap that installed the unit to my vehicle was recommended by Chip It.

I arrived at Caloundra at 9.30am Saturday morning to be advised that my vehicle was booked in 11.00am. My wife and I set up camp at a local caravan park waiting for a call to come and attend.

I attended the Chip It recommended installer at 1.00pm. I was advised that he had a problem with a Toyota Hilux that morning whilst fitting a Chip It unit to it, and that's why he was late to start on my vehicle. Fine I did not have a problem with that.

When he conducted the first dyno test, the result was 96kw and not too much smoke was produced. However, when the chip was installed and an hour of dyno testing later and with severe smoke produced the chip only produced 118kw not the 130+kw Chip It claim on this vehicle.

The car was taken for a test run and the mechanic told me that he was disappointed with the result. He also confided to me that this was the first Navara D40 that he had installed a chip too. I took my car for a run and I could not notice much difference in power. He further advised me that he took a stock standard Navara a few weeks earlier, and thought that the stock vehicle went harder than my car with the Chip It unit installed.

He further advised that I should not go to the Cape due to the high exhaust temperature’s and that I should come back and see him on Monday for further testing, to see why the car is not getting the results that the chip should be producing.

At 3.30pm and 1,300 dollars later ($899 unit and $420 for dyno tune) , I left the premises feeling very depressed and devastated. The installer was in a hurry to take his children to the Nambour show. Fine I did not have a problem with that either. However I am left in the dilemma with how much more is this chip going to cost me to get the alleged results that the company states publically on its web site.

I am absolutely disappointed because I was advised to purchase this product by Chip It and my vehicle was running fine before this chip was installed.

Our trip to Cape York was twelve months in the planning and now it is all on hold due to this chip.

Regards,

RLI.

RLI I cannot believe you are on the forum bagging this guy out. Craig from Torque and Tune is very experienced and if the fault was with the Chip he would have fixed it. As I mentioned to you Craig is super competent. (I was on the phone given some tech support at 6.30pm Sunday ... btw who else gives you this service?)

When you went back there he told you he thinks the issue is with your car.

Craig told you that the car was running 14:1 AFT before the chip was installed and it was blowing smoke. At 15PSI it was 14:1. !!! That is very rich.

He even printed it out for you to see the AFR's.

Craig told me he can send me the dyno log to show this.

Then on Monday he told you that he would give you 100% of your money back even though the issue is NOT with what he does and the labour charge is legitimate.

If he is convinced that the vehicle has some issue and I for one believe him. Just like if Northside (with all his experience tells me the car has an issue I would believe him too. Experience in these things counts.

Craig gets super results on all the cars he tunes ... he get over 900 nm on 200 series Cruiser and I don't know ANYONE getting those numbers.

RLI you certainly have stooped a bit here I would think.

If anyone wants the other side of the story from the horse's mouth please feel free to call Craig at Caloundra Torque and tune. 07 5499 6488

Over and out

you beauty! mines a 06 model. so with your chip its 900 the price starts. when you say we can change wat it does. is this via a control in your car? if so is that extra?

Yes $899.00 without EGT control.

With the EGT control it is $1299.00. The EGT limits can be set from inside the vehicle. This will de tune the chip when it get too hot.

LOL! Talk about getting on the defensive!

Members have been asking for MONTHS when they will be ready.
I was the one to tell them, its not as easy as other types of chips
and YOU have the hide to tell me off for this?

30-40K to produce a chip? I do it with $40 worth of bits from jaycar so maybe you should start investing in better staff to design for you then?
Or putting some more time into safeproofing the chips and petrol/LPG kits that are killing enignes through High boost, overfueling and detonation!

Or maybe designing intercooler kits to go with your home grown chips that keep the 200deg intake temps that arise from running 30psi of boost to a reasonable level?

Maybe before you have a go at me next time, you should check out our website to see the kind of products that we develop in house.

Yeah I suppose I do get defensive when someone has a shot at us LOL.

Like now saying we blow up engines. We haven't had one blow up or faulter or fail or whatever other word you would like to use. And we dont over-boost. We add about 4 - 6 PSI ... thats all. This is just spin from you to try to get people off side. But your true colours now are starting to shine through mate.

Our customers know what we produce. Northside must be running scared to try a cheap shot like that. In fact we had many clients that spoke to you already tell us they dont like the way you bag out others. You slander and tell lies about others. You loose out there mate.

Mate we are not talking about back yard betty build. Our designers give support to Ford and Holden Australia so we are not talking about something we can put together in a day (or more like 2 hours)

Our stuff takes months.

Sounds like you have a lot of experience going down to JayCar for your customers. LOL

Did you let the cat outta the bag there about the stuff you flog to customers cause I know you are not talking about us.

Yes I know you are going to have another cheap shot ... just your style it is sounding like more and more.

We just let our customers give their opinions ... and we leave the rest for the others like you to cry foul!

No cheap shots please.

Leon and yourself have both provided good information and I wouldn't hesitate in buying a chip off either of use.

Back