Red pool under car

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it is booked in at ARB for next Tuesday. So i am now without a car for a week at least. Shithouse!

Oh and ARB were the earliest i could get it done. Flooding apparently equals a boom for mechanics.

Yeah that's true, the mechanics and auto elecs were flat out down here for about 6 weeks after our last floods. Suppose atleast you are getting something done about it, sucks you haven't got a car though, least they could have done is offered you a D22, they're a dime a dozen these days :big_smile:

Well it is booked in at ARB for next Tuesday. So i am now without a car for a week at least. Shithouse!

have you got a 8 mm allen key, undo the filler and check how far down it is, a little oil spreads a log way. it may have only lost 100ml

just do it urself wouldnt be hard probley just need a rattle gun i got the nissan diagrams here looks like a 32mm nut holds the output flange on buy a seal from nissan tap it in evenly make sure theres no groove on the sealing surface of the flange put some sealant on the splines done. oh and refill with oil.

Well at least i have a way ahead. No money to fix either problem, but away ahead none the less.

Love how life will always find a way to kick you while your down.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here.....I think this is power steering...I had a similar problem where there was a large fluid leak about 50km after picking the car up and got returned to the dealer by Nissan roadside assist. It was a loose connection in one of the PS connections and only took 5 minutes to fix.

Hey atleast no one's suggested the fix is to buy a D22, that's usually the first fix for a D40 :smile:

Latest posts

Back