Remove D40 exhaust diesle

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NAV2795

Reaction score
Hi lads,
Sorry if im digging up something thats been posted before but couldnt find any info! Just wondering how our d40s sound with a straight through muffler and the benifits if any?. I got a 2007 diesle so it hasnt got the ristrictions of DPF or CAT. So basically it'll be a 2.5" straight pipe if im correct? Thanks

There's a video of Bosshog's D40 with a 3" straight-through somewhere, but you might like the sound of this D22 while I try to find Bosshog's vid:

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ghmq-hGsAk[/YT]

I can't find the individual video but it's in some of the stuff Luke has from the 2011 Muster - Luke, there's a section where BossHog's ute is climbing a muddy slope and you can JUST make out the engine note - but the "Trail Highlights Part 1" has an AC/DC soundtrack that wipes the engine note somewhat. Can we get that segment alone?

i have straight through (no mufflers)with the stock dump pipe, and it is really quiet if your after noise you need to replace the dump pipe

Just putting a sports muffler on the std system will not do jack squat

Thanks for the vid tony appreciate it, i jsut want to get it sounding more grunty! So Toryg you reacon it'll make minimal noise difference? thanks

Thanks for the vid tony appreciate it, i jsut want to get it sounding more grunty! So Toryg you reacon it'll make minimal noise difference? thanks

If you take the rear muffler right out you will get a slight increase in noise, buy to get a real note to it the stock dump pipe and cat converter need to be replaced, most run no.cat converter.

A straight thru system from the turbo back with no cat will sound ok, but as soon as you run a stck cat or any sort of muffler you will loose most of if not all of the note.

BossHog ran a DPF delete pipe (the DPF is also the CAT), I think his dump pipe was NOT standard and 3" straight-through - that's why I want that segment of video so we can hear the car itself. It sounded different - nothing like Scotty's wild beast, that was pure music to the ears.

Cheers boys, Well havent really got the cash to do a 3" plus im on my p's so not legal! Hopefully ill get a decent or slightly better note with a straight through 2.5"

Latest posts

Back