Remove load valve ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jerry

Reaction score
Ok my 08 d40 still only brakes on frt so thinking of pulling out the load valve. Blocking off return line to give the rear brakes full pressure .has anyone done this

if you give it a go let us know how it goes, if you apply to much rear braking the car will skid out.

I did adjust the valve a while ago in /out changed hight after 2inch lift even got nissan to check it all still only stops on frt. I think that the new Nav's dont have this valve so why do we need it ?

I did adjust the valve a while ago in /out changed hight after 2inch lift even got nissan to check it all still only stops on frt. I think that the new Nav's dont have this valve so why do we need it ?

Does the 08 have electronic brake distribution? With EBD you don't need the prop valve. If the truck's been lifted, it'll need to be readjusted quite a bit, there's a few factors at play. Failing that, buy an adjustable prop valve from summit racing and calibrate the balance on a straight stretch of deserted road.

Ok so off with the valve it is. I will Give it a go & see what happens ?

Ok so its done ,valves off , brake pedal feels better & the truck now stops. Abs has even come alive. I haven't tried putting aload on yet.

The new models also have electronic brake distribution (EDB), so don't need the load valve.

Don't know if its legal or not but nissan couldn't fix my brakes ,so now after the removal of the valve . brakes work much better loaded & unloaded ,also under tow i no longer have to use van to stop me or and pull handbrake on & pull it back to first gear even in this weather .its much safer so I don't care if its legal or not Because its safe

Back