Removing Rear Step+Bolt Size for fill in panel?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peteyen86

Reaction score
Hey guys.

Removing my rear step soon and will be replacing it with the DX fill in panel. There are already nuts welded to the TUB to bolt this panel to.

Im struggling find the correct size bolt for these nuts on the tub though.

M6 x 1p doesnt want to go, it starts but thats about it. Im guessing they are a Metric Fine thread but not sure.

What size bolts have people been using when doing this? Attached a photo of the panel in question.

Cheers

Pete

Attachments

• 0863.jpg
    0863.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 148
i MIGHT have the correct bolts at home, from when i took the panel off my RX - i'll try to check on the weekend for you.

There 10mm I am pretty sure.

I have a freshly painted DX panel in the shed.

Found a spare bolt from when i removed my precleaner. Same size as them. They are a M6 fine thread pretty sure. Think they are mainly used on cars these particular ones. Just have to find a few of them now, supercheap didnt havent any.

They have a little round tip on them with no thread so you can line them up easier.

Ill measure the one i have with the thread gauge tomorrow at work and post exactly what we need.

Where did you get the dx panel from pete??

Bryan

I bit the bullet and bought one from Gary at Nizzbits. Was a little more than i wanted to pay still, but couldnt be bothered getting one from the wreckers. 180 bucks and still have to get it sprayed. Be doing that tomorrow. Fairbit of money for a bit of bent tin, but then again, Vicroads want 120 bucks for 2 number plates..lol

Got a little shock at how much they want to spray the bloody thing also, oh well, make money to spend it.

Also considering a rear mudflap costs the same i spose it not too bad..haha

Will be working out how to mount the number plate lights next.

My bad guys. Measured the little bolt just than. They are M6 but pretty sloppy with a pitch of 1.0, so they are not fine thread after all.

The M6 i tried in the hole must not have wanted to go in as there was probably dirt in the thread. Me be lazy and not cleaning it first :big_smile:

Will go to hardware for supplies tonight.

Pete

Back