replaced 4x4 cpu controller

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MickeyBlue42

Reaction score
Hi all

can somebody tell me if I replaced the 4x4 cpu controller module with a used one from a crashed vehicle , will the new CPU need to be pared in to the main ECU via the Nissan Consult program??

I think there might be an issue with that. A company in the UK will remap your ECM and require the ECM from your car to work on, and they return THAT unit for reinstallation.

However, I am sure I've heard of someone doing this when their ECM was drowned. I know BCMs are a different story because of the remote locking and key security, but even that can be overcome.

If your ECM is damaged, you've nothing to lose from trying it. Manual is different to auto though, and you should match the manufacturing region and year too - don't put a Thai ECM (126kW motor) into a Spanish vehicle (140kW) etc.

What is the differance between motors, both 2.5l di , the single cab D40 has a 108 kw motor from thai, another from thai 126 kw, the other 146 kw from Spain , is the injection system different or is it just a ecu change , or is the whole engine diffferent . and how do you know the difference if you saw one on the floor, I have wondered and asked a Nissan bloke who couldn't tell me , but I don't have much faith in Nissan techs and mechanics so that did not suprise me .

i was looking for a new ecu at one stage from what every told me if it is from the same make/model/year it should be right

What is the differance between motors, both 2.5l di , the single cab D40 has a 108 kw motor from thai, another from thai 126 kw, the other 146 kw from Spain , is the injection system different or is it just a ecu change , or is the whole engine diffferent . and how do you know the difference if you saw one on the floor, I have wondered and asked a Nissan bloke who couldn't tell me , but I don't have much faith in Nissan techs and mechanics so that did not suprise me .

There are several differences. The 147kW/450Nm 2011/2012 Spanish engine has a different head, with different intake and exhaust valve positions and different ECM tuning parameters - these changes not only improve fuel economy and power but also changed the emission controls that are required (no DPF in the auto).

I think there were injector changes in the 126kW engine with different fuel rail pressures and a pump that required you to be raped for $4000 if it went busto.

Latest posts

Back