Replacement Key?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tappet

Reaction score
Lost one of the keys to my D40.

Asked the local locksmith what can be done. He can provide a blank and cut with chip so it will start the truck but no transponder. Asked him about buying a genuine key online with chip and transponder but he say be careful as it may not work.

Nissan want 350+ for a genuine key:eek: Spotted one online for 80 odd but says, suit Spanish built. Mine is Thai built. There is others that state, suit D40 but no clues to what type or year.

Anyone else that has gone thru this that maybe able to help?

Would be muchly appreciated. Thanks

There was a thread a while back about it and the UK forum has a few as well.

Basics are that you can get the blank for next to nothing of ebay, a key cutter can cut that blank, then you buy the remote for about $50 off ebay and take it to Nissan to program it and they will charge about $175 I think was the estimate.

There is a guy in Brisbane I think who says he can do it but needs the ECU or BCM or your left nut to do the job.

I bought a genuine key for my spanish D40 from Ebay, got the key cut and then got Nissan to program it when I got a recall done. It cost about $80 for the programming and $70 odd for the key from the UK.

Nissan did query where the key came from, I just said I just bought the car and the owner supplied a new key but it wasnt programmed.

Thanks tezza would go down that road for sure but can't seem to find a key to suit the Thai built D40 without going genuine at the Nissan spares here at $350+, key alone.

Makes you wonder if there is anything compatible between the Spanish and Thai built trucks. It's like two totally different trucks.

What's the Thai model key look like? Given that most ebay keys suggests they are suitable for a multiple number of Nissan models and not all of them are Spain built I don't know that they will be that different.

hi mate if ur in brizzy www.yd25.com.au dose them if its any help

Lost one of the keys to my D40.

Asked the local locksmith what can be done. He can provide a blank and cut with chip so it will start the truck but no transponder. Asked him about buying a genuine key online with chip and transponder but he say be careful as it may not work.

Nissan want 350+ for a genuine key:eek: Spotted one online for 80 odd but says, suit Spanish built. Mine is Thai built. There is others that state, suit D40 but no clues to what type or year.

Anyone else that has gone thru this that maybe able to help?

Would be muchly appreciated. Thanks

My key just unlocks the door ( no remote) is it just a plain key or does it have electronics inside?
2008 Auto D40 Spain built

went to a locksmith today who tested the key.
It has no chip so I was able to get a key cut for $6:50.
My key is for a D40 2008 RX Navara, so I guess that is the base model with no remote locking.

Latest posts

Back