Replacement Remote

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evanlw

Reaction score
I've recently purchased a 2005 d22.

It came with a one button remote for central locking, which I assumed needed a replacement battery. (the drivers door operates the central locking, so there are actuators in place)

However after opening the remote, the insides were quite heavily corroded and looks like I won't be able to use it.

Photo of the inside

My questions are:
  • Can anyone identify the make of this remote?
  • What did this button do? (just locking, or alarm system too?)
  • Can I simply get a replacement remote? It it easy to configure to work with my system?
  • Should I just scrap it, and get a Mongoose M60S (where would the box be mounted?)

Strangely, it looks like a toyota fob - Toyota LandCruiser Hilux remote

Cheers
Evan

Welcome to the forum!

I can't actually help with the remote but it's been over 20 hours since you posted this and I thought a bump was in order!

Most of the time the boxes are located under the instrument cluster or behind the panel on the side of the footwell near the accelerator. Doesn't stop someone from installing it behind the glove box, or under the driver's seat or any number of places to make it more difficult to remove for a thief, but all the wiring it needs is up behind the instrument cluster.

Thanks Tony!
I'll have a poke around... Probably best to remove/replace the box and install something recommended like one of those mongoose ones you folks seem to love.

Latest posts

Back