Replacements for front seats

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gbu

Reaction score
Has anyone replaced the front seats of their nav for something more comfortable? If so, with what and how easy is it?

It depends on which model Navara you're talking about.

Some D22 drivers have replaced their seats with D40 seats. I don't recall hearing anyone with a D40 replacing their seats for comfort.

I thought Scottybobcat had done this, but he hasn't put that info in his garage. Hopefully the young lad will come along and let us know if my memory's just failing or how he did it.

It is a D40, spouse has an issue with the comfort on a long haul. I think they are great, but, you know.

i heard the back seats are good for those with bad backs, Never been back there to test it out, but heard the praises

I think the D40 seats offer about the same level of comfort as the up-market Commodores.

I've had better - my XJS Jaguar had brilliant seats, you could drive for hours and get out feeling like you'd only just gotten in.

Unfortunately at the end of the day it's a ute, it's a 4WD and it's sub-$100,000. I wonder if you could put Jag seats in it ... it might work, the seatbelt pretensioner should be separate and it won't affect airbag operation. It might need an adapter plate made though.

Thai seats are not very good if you have a shot back. I am probably going to change mine. I havn't done a trip in a spanish D40, but they do feel better than the thai seats.

I got some stratos for my D40, more to wrap around and hold you in one place in the bush but they are more comfortable as well. easy change over just 4 bolts. not sure if i would spend the money again though.

mitch92 said:
try doing 17hrs in a d22 with a bench seat

Not fun is it. I done 14hrs in my d22 with bench seat. Looking at putting two singles in then putting in a centre console. Not sure what seats yet thou

i have sort of considered it but honestly think it is too much effort. The only reason it was so long was we drove rfrom rocky in QLD to sydney in one day non-stop (except fuel). As i don't intend to do it too often i'm not too worried. Next longest trips are to Hervey bay which is 4.5hrs, followed by to work at 1hr each way. With those times on the seat it's not too bad so just suck it.

I think change of seats requires a mod plate? Also going bench to buckets means changing seating capacity which also means mod plate??

Im looking at recaros in the near future.

They sell brackets so theyr are bolt in. Seats are OK., Wouldnt say good....

I got some stratos for my D40, more to wrap around and hold you in one place in the bush but they are more comfortable as well. easy change over just 4 bolts. not sure if i would spend the money again though.

Do you have a ballpark figure what the seat/s cost? Is there an issue with air-bags? I have a 2012 ST-X.

Latest posts

Back