replacing/upgrading injectors

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi yall,
Thinking of upgrading my injectors so i can run a stage 3 BAET tune.
Has anyone replaced their injectors them selves and how challenging
is the process?
Recently finished everything needed for the stage 2 tune, and pretty
happy with it now, has a lot more grunt.
cheers

not difficult to replace injectors.
however i would be wary of needing bigger injectors.
make sure you use an egt gauge pre turbo.

i would make sure the intercooler and airflow is the best it possibly can be. its really hard on the D22's to squeeze in a cooler thats big enough and efficient enough.

I have a reasonable size front mount intercooler, and intake cold side have GCG turbo (+20% flow) through large cold box/snorkel.
Where do you mean pre turbo regarding EGT gauge, i have a port on my dump pipe?

I have a reasonable size front mount intercooler, and intake cold side have GCG turbo (+20% flow) through large cold box/snorkel.
Where do you mean pre turbo regarding EGT gauge, i have a port on my dump pipe?
how big is "reasonable"? (and is it efficient ie not some cheap Chinese cooler)
fit the EGT gauge probe in the exhaust manifold just before the turbo.

when you start pushing the engine little details matter a lot.

my front mount IC measures 400mm x 350mm x 70mm deep.
yeah thats tiny. ok for stock engine but you want something decent if your doing a decent increase in power.
remember the intercooler will make more power than the turbo upgrade.

put the longest widest, but not deepest, intercooler you can squeeze in. thick intercoolers are not that great for diesels. they are on boost all the time so you want to get rid of the heat as fast as possible, so big frontal area with little depth.

ok, i'm chasing 129Kw of power and 650Nm of torque, which doesn't sound a lot in terms of power compared to my v8 car.
So what size inter-cooler would i need for this amount of power? (with boost set to 24psi)
Perhaps I'll send a query to plazmaman.

fit the biggest you can possibly fit. they are tight on room so you will struggle to get a decent size one in there.
its not about HP, its about airflow, temps and pressures.
what makes it difficult with diesels is your on boost almost all the time. a turbo petrol engine is rarely on boost and not on full boost for very long, so intercooling demands are not the same.

Latest posts

Back