Rev Range at 110km/h

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nissanconvert

Reaction score
Evening all,

I own a 2011 D22 (Thai build), which is relatively stock except for a nissan snorkel. Just wanted to see what other D22 users with relatively stock vehicles (unchipped and no exhaust) were getting in their rev ranges at highway speeds (110Km/h).

My 2.5cr sits just above 2500rev/per/min at 110km/h. Just wanted to see how it compares to other D22 vehicles of similar vintage.

Regards

yeah mate same...
maybe a little more around the 2800 mark, cause my 110 is actual speed and not the speedo road speed

having a chip and or exhaust fitted wont change the rev counts at all, bigger wheels/tyres and gear box and diff ratios will, mine sits at about 2750-2800 at 110 on the speedo, which is 100 actual speed

Actual 110km/h doing about 2850RPM. Speedo 110km/h (actually 100km/h) about 2650ish

100km road speed i sit at a touch above 2500rpm, 110km road speed I'm a touch above 2750rpm. That's running 265/75/16's on an 06 zd30 powered nav.

thanks for the replies, just quickly what do you mean when you say road speed compared to actual speed?

Do you mean that the speed is out at110km/h?

If you get yourself a GPS unit and compare the indicated speed on your speedo to the indicated speed on the GPS unit you'll find that they probably don't match.

The problem is in your speedo needle - your car actually knows how fast it's going with a reasonable degree of accuracy (on standard tyres) but the speedo needle is not moved accurately. You can verify this with a Scangauge/Consult/Torque device.

The GPS units are typically accurate to about 1%, so at 100km/h indicated, you could be doing anything from 99 to 101km/h.

It makes good sense to utilise the speedometer of the GPS unit and pay less attention to the speedo on your dash.

Fixing the speedo issue by getting different sized tyres or using a box like Jaycar sells to adjust the signal from the revolution sensor will NOT work properly. Like I said, the ECU actually DOES know how fast you're going, it's a matter of the needle on your dash not being pushed to the right point.

Thanks for the reply. Makes sense when explained in simple terms. Will have to upgrade to a recent gps unit. Any suggestions?

Yes. Big W (I think) have a Tom Tom on special for under a hundred bucks. Tom Tom is pretty good. Maps last about 2 years, then chuck the unit and buy another new one.

As a second choice, get a GoCruise from Aldi for about $79. It uses iGo8 software which isn't as smart as the TomTom but it will still get you to where you are going.

thats good i guess i use to have a d22 3.0 turbo diesel and 110km would put me around 3000 revs witch kinda sucks ... now i have the d40 with the 6 speed i sit just a pinch over 2000revs good for long trips

Just to clarify, So using 265 75 r16 tyres instead of 265 70's on a D22 will reduce the error between the speedo indication and the actual road speed, I hope this is correct as that's what's going on mine next.

Just to clarify, So using 265 75 r16 tyres instead of 265 70's on a D22 will reduce the error between the speedo indication and the actual road speed

Yup! When I put on 265/75 r16 tyres my GPS speedo error went from about 10 kph to about 2 kph.

Now when I'm sitting on 110kph indicated I'm really doing 108kph (that's probably getting close to the accuracy limits of the GPS).

My speedo is almost 100% accurate. So i need to account for variation in tyre size while driving. I'm in a 2006 d22, running a set of 265/75/16 instead of the stock 265/70/16, which is a rolling distance increase of 3.4%, so I like to sit a touch above 95 according to the speedo in a 100km/hr zone. And at 105 in a 110 km/hr zone sees me pretty safe.

100km/hr road speed sees me doing about 2500rpm, and 110km/hr is about 2750rpm.

I notice the same, GPS says 100 Needle says about 90. Rev range i try and keep under 2500 as i notice the D22 STR 2.5 burns way to much fuel if i let the revs peak out any higher. not sure what everyone else gets for fuel economy on their trucks but my 08 model drinks fuel like a freeloader at an open bar. Did a run up to Rainbow beach from Mango hill approx 130 KM's and it drank a 1/4 of a tank, but i wasn't keeping it under 2500 revs on the way up but it did better on the way back down (down hill?)

I notice the same, GPS says 100 Needle says about 90. Rev range i try and keep under 2500 as i notice the D22 STR 2.5 burns way to much fuel if i let the revs peak out any higher. not sure what everyone else gets for fuel economy on their trucks but my 08 model drinks fuel like a freeloader at an open bar. Did a run up to Rainbow beach from Mango hill approx 130 KM's and it drank a 1/4 of a tank, but i wasn't keeping it under 2500 revs on the way up but it did better on the way back down (down hill?)

If I go from my place at warner to the barge for D.I at noosa on a full tank the needle doesnt even drop below the full line. Which is great!!! normally sit on about 110 the hole way reving about 2800.

Latest posts

Back