Reverse Camera Rearview Mirror

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 1279

Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone installed (D40 or D22) one of the rear view mirrors that also acts as a reversing camera display (there are a number on Ebay).

Just wondering what your experience has been and whether it acts as a suitable display as opposed to installing an alternative stereo with display or mounting additional display to the dash or window.

Cheers,

I went with a reversing camera, so i can reverse up to a Treg Hitch on my camper trailer.
With out getting in and out repeatedly to get close enough to hook up.

E-bay price of about $60.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Wireless...=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e7f48d261

14926827208_2dd9741845.jpg

I got the old man one for his caravan.got the wireless 7" clip on to mirror job.paid about $90 for the kit..well worth it.

I went with a reversing camera, so i can reverse up to a Treg Hitch on my camper trailer. With out getting in and out repeatedly to get close enough to hook up. E-bay price of about $60. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Wireless-Rear-View-Kit-4-3-TFT-LCD-Monitor-Car-Reversing-Back-Parking-Camera-AU-/130984497761?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e7f48d261 .

Ahhhh... so Lever... I think you may wanna check out your camera... Seems to be showing quite a different story to your rear vision mirror...

:p

I went with a reversing camera, so i can reverse up to a Treg Hitch on my camper trailer. With out getting in and out repeatedly to get close enough to hook up. E-bay price of about $60. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Wireless-Rear-View-Kit-4-3-TFT-LCD-Monitor-Car-Reversing-Back-Parking-Camera-AU-/130984497761?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e7f48d261 .

Ahhhh... so Lever... I think you may wanna check out your camera... Seems to be showing quite a different story to your rear vision mirror...

:p

My camera is a reversing camera, mounted over the number plate.

The view is a wide angle behind the car, so you don't run the little kiddies over.

I normally only turn it on when backing up to my camper, or parallel parking, so i don't need to see too far back.

But i didn't like the idea of having the camera taking over half of the rear vision mirror when reversing.

14926827208_2dd9741845_z.jpg

In this pic you can see the car in the back ground, way in the back ground.

15125849785_0342df9efa_z.jpg

Hey Lever what is holding your screen to the roof and where did u run the wiring

The light consul has two lights, with two light switches.

I rewired the right switch to now turn on both lights, and the left switch turns on the reversing camera monitor.

Under the plastic light consul is three screws holding the rear vision mirror to the roof bracket.
I just shaped a piece of aluminum to fit between the roof bracket and the rear vision mirror.

At the top of monitor in the picture, you can see part of the aluminum sheeting.
Then i glued and screwed the base of the monitor to the aluminum.

Hope that makes sense.

The wireless receiver powered by the left light switch is just shoved in the roof space.

Is yours a wireless or wired? I'm keen on a wired one and therefore how to install.

Cheers

mine was wired, I just ran the wire between hood lining and roof, then down behind pillar plastic, cant remember where i went outside the cab, but then down to camera, also picked up the signal from the reverse lights so that when i put it into reverse it comes on automatically.

what is the picture quality like in the models which have the screens in the mirror?

If the one i fitted was cable and not wireless quality would be good...wireless is o.k but you want the sender and reciever close...say trailer a frame and reciever on the towbar/ute tub...i set up one on a caravan..camera on the back..sender unit on the a frame and reciever in the A pillar of a jeep cherokee...works o.k... colour is lost tho compaired to a wired setup.

what is the picture quality like in the models which have the screens in the mirror?
The quality isn't too bad, it's more the size of the screen that you may struggle with. I have a head unit in mine with a reverse camera running to it, but I have used the mirror ones in work vehicles.

You can see a lot more on the in dash units as the screen is about double the size, but in saying that, they are better than nothing. ..

Bods I got the clip on 7" reverse camera screen.crap mirror but when the van is on who cares!!
Totally agree 4 or 5 " is too small for older eyes.even my 30somthing eyes 5" just doesnt cut it

That's it lol. I used them in hiace vans that you can't see thru the back of anyway, had to use side mirrors, that's why they put the cameras on them..

I tell you what though, they help a lot in these things, as long as the screen isn't in the sun hahahah

Latest posts

Back