Reverse Camera's

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

longy509

Reaction score
Hi does anyone know if you can run reverse cameras full time without damaging them.
I was thinking of getting one of the rear view mirror ones,
as i have a canvas canopy on and can't see out the back.

Cheers,
Longy

There is no worries running them full time but bear in mind any screen you have on at all times will also be on in the night time hours and may not be that good to drive with.

Also those mirror cameras do have a tendency to be very hard to see in some sunlight so it may not be the best method of showing images.

I bought one from Jaycar and powered it from the reverse lights so it comes on whenever i select reverse.

You can have them on full time and just turn the monitor off when you dont want it on.The one i got can run 2 cameras.

Makes reverse parking heaps easier, especially with nissans poxy side mirrors.

i recommend running reversing cameras all the time. this keeps them warm and defogs them.
just get a screen that turns on when you select reverse.
the other thing is to get a separate IR leds and connect them to your park lights.

the one we fit at work is selectable on/off and priority on reverse. so you can have it on all the time and it lays out a reversing grid when it's triggered. keep in mind it's a tiny screen and the pov will be from your number plate so you don't get a great view of the world behind.

Latest posts

Back