Reverse Caravan camera in a ST-X 550

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoneBush

Reaction score
Hi all,
With the crazy deals Nissan are doing at the moment, I've lashed out and bought a ST-X 550 with a heap of extras
I tow a caravan and would like to know if its possible to patch into the indash reverse camera ( Hitachi o8IT unit )
My wife has told me I'm not allowed to have crap on the dash

I've already solved my electric brakes... had nowhere to put my Tekonsha P3 so I've purchased that new Redarc TowPro

TIA

I have a reversing camera in the back of my car, and what I was going to do was wire in an identical camera to the back of the caravan and I'd use one of those stereo plugs attached to the back of the car to connect it.

Theory is that the cameras need several wires but only one active one, and if I use a headphone-like switch (like when you plug headphones in to your stereo) then I can simply run the cameras in parallel and the plug makes the choice of which camera is active at the time.

This will leave my dash uncluttered as well. I don't mind that the P3 is there - because I'm towing over 2T now, I need a place for the breakaway system battery monitor, and on top of the P3 was a perfect location.

I have a reversing camera in the back of my car, and what I was going to do was wire in an identical camera to the back of the caravan and I'd use one of those stereo plugs attached to the back of the car to connect it.

Theory is that the cameras need several wires but only one active one, and if I use a headphone-like switch (like when you plug headphones in to your stereo) then I can simply run the cameras in parallel and the plug makes the choice of which camera is active at the time.

This will leave my dash uncluttered as well. I don't mind that the P3 is there - because I'm towing over 2T now, I need a place for the breakaway system battery monitor, and on top of the P3 was a perfect location.

Looks like I may have to do something like that as well.....
I was quoted $1000 from an auto elec.... yeah right
I can't even find wiring diagrams for this unit either ... (so if anyone can help me out here)

Well only a week to go. I should be picking the car up this time next week
after ARB has it for a couple of days to fit up Bullbar, lights, canopy , roofrack and long ranger tank

Latest posts

Back