Reversing camera

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marc1965

Reaction score
I installed a Reversing camera 2 days ago, and have a strange problem, I've wired it up with the trigger wire going to my drivers side reverse light, same as I have done in the past several trucks I've owned.
Putting it into reverse it works fine, but when driving along if I hit the brake it tries to power up the camera also using indicators, I have tried to put diodes in line with the brake and indicator wires to try and isolate the problem.
To me its trying to pull power from and alternate source, and regarding the brake and indicators it doesn't try to power up the camera all the time just 90% of the time.
Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated....

thats weird. normally power is only available at the reverse light when the gearshift is in reverse. do you have a trailer plug wired up ? if so how about tapping into the reverse wire down there and see how the camera goes then.

thats weird. normally power is only available at the reverse light when the gearshift is in reverse. do you have a trailer plug wired up ? if so how about tapping into the reverse wire down there and see how the camera goes then.

The previous owner ripped off the wiring for the trailer plug when he was out 4wding.. But I'll give it a go....

The previous owner ripped off the wiring for the trailer plug when he was out 4wding.. But I'll give it a go....

Could this be some of the problem? Maybe first check how this has been repaired and that wires aren't crossing over.
How does the lights perform normally when you brake or indicate or even put in reverse? Do indicators blink fast or brake light come on when in reverse ECT?

Latest posts

Back