Rhino Racks fitted correctly?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pjwooly

Reaction score
Hi all just wondered if anyone else here has fitted these racks to their D40.
Picked these up at ARB so they should be the correct ones for this model.

The leg kit code is RLKVA and the pad/bracket kit is DK108.

Not sure I'm entirely happy with the way they sit on the roof but am not sure that they are fitted properly either (by me).Have added some pics to see what you think.

Just a short drive and found the legs to want to whistle so god knows what they will be like at highway speeds.
Mite have to wrap the legs with duct tape to close off the leg oppenings.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Pjw.

Attachments

• Navara Roof Racks 004.jpg
    Navara Roof Racks 004.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 382
  • Navara Roof Racks 009.jpg
    Navara Roof Racks 009.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 313
  • Navara Roof Racks 005.jpg
    Navara Roof Racks 005.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 300
You will probably find that the whistle is coming from the open slot under the cross piece. The racks should have come with platic inserts that fit in there, you have to fill up the gap either side of the leg. Mine whistled until I did that, now now noise at all.

I've got the Rhino Aero bars, no whistle, maybe make sure they are lined up square. The fitting instructions have all the measurements.

Good luck.

They look to be sitting correctly, keep an eye on them when it rains, I've heard of someone having drips inside the car with that clip on style of bars, but not sure about which brand. (may not be as much of a problem in Aus as NZ)

They look about right. I have the tradesman bars though, you can definitely hear the difference when they are off the car. Haven't had any leaks as yet. As Woody said the whistle may be coming from the bar and not the leg. Mine probably hum more than whistle, should get them all driving together and start a band:)

i went the pro rack HD just based on the price (on special at supercheap). they sit pretty good and no whistle or hum

Hey nuckin futs, how do you find the pro racks?

The install manual states 'weather sealing cannot be guaranteed' - do you find they leak water?

Cheers
Dave

I've got the same bars as Nuckin, no water ingress dramas with mine either. D40 has two door seals - an inner and an outer. The bracket passes through the outer door seal but not the inner, and the inner doesn't have to contend with a large rush of water so unless your doors aren't aligned properly you shouldn't have a huge problem.

Thats great news, I purchased a pair of the s-wind aero proracks and was a little concerned when I read the destructions (though I'm yet to fit them).

Another question, I notice there are two pieces to the bracket, if you remove the rack can you keep the inner one in place, or do you need to remove it as well?

Cheers
Dave

Thats great news, I purchased a pair of the s-wind aero proracks and was a little concerned when I read the destructions (though I'm yet to fit them).

Another question, I notice there are two pieces to the bracket, if you remove the rack can you keep the inner one in place, or do you need to remove it as well?

Cheers
Dave

not sure i understand what ur asking

Back