Rocker Switches

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4runna

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a question.... Dad's giving me hand to make new wiring looms for my spotties and headlights over the weekend, I bought a Narva switch for the spotties but when I pulled out the blank in the dash the I found the switch to be to small.
It will fit in other blanks in the dash but not where I want to put it.

Does anyone know if you can by a rocker switch that is as deep as the blank so that it will clip in tight?

In the photo you can see where i want to mount the switch and also a pic of the switch and the blank I pulled out. You can see the difference in size.

Tony

Attachments

• P1040052.jpg
    P1040052.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 150
  • P1040053.jpg
    P1040053.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 128
  • P1040054.jpg
    P1040054.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 128
Hi,

I have a question.... Dad's giving me hand to make new wiring looms for my spotties and headlights over the weekend, I bought a Narva switch for the spotties but when I pulled out the blank in the dash the I found the switch to be to small.
It will fit in other blanks in the dash but not where I want to put it.

Does anyone know if you can by a rocker switch that is as deep as the blank so that it will clip in tight?

In the photo you can see where i want to mount the switch and also a pic of the switch and the blank I pulled out. You can see the difference in size.

Tony

hey mate just cut a hole in the blank measure the the size of ur switch mark it out and drill a hole in each corner then use what ever means u have to cut it out as the switch u have bought has will sit nice and flus with the blank

Use the Heavy duty narva ones, fits nicely but a has a little movement and what i did is wrap elect tape around a number of times and when it is slid then in its very firm.

Last edited:
BOOGZ STR,

I unscrewed the lower part of the dash and dropped it to the floor, then its easy to reach up behind the blanks and push them out.
if you have a look at my pic above you'll see the panel im talking about and also have a look at the blank and you'll see the clips you need to press in when pushing it out.

Good luck.

I your talkin about the blanks in the pic above. I just used a screw driver. Just a small one

The arb switches fit aswell as air on board which you will find on eBay but if your keen to use the smaller switch the easiest way I found to plcut the blanks out is mark it the use a Stanley knife and keep heating the blade up and it will melt through the plastic as you cut giving it a flush finish.

Easiest way i got them out is remove the fuse cover then stick a finger in and push, poking the flaps at the same time.

Yep, "air on board" (Ebay) switches fit straight in with no stuffing around, great customized switches.

Latest posts

Back