rocker type switch wiring ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonney

Reaction score
guys, i have a spotlight wiring harness that came with a cheap push button on/off switch it has 3 wires attached [ red / black / white. ] i have fitted a carlington type rocker switch which has an inbuilt power on light, now what i really need to know is; how do i get this power On light to just come on when i turn the switch On ? it will stay on all the time on or off. the Black wire seems to be the Earth wire and i an totally stumped trying to work out how to get this on power light to work how it should. any tips ?? by the way the spots work fine its just the bloody power on light with issues.

The black wire should just need to be earthed AFAIK. If there are quite a few pins on the back of the switch, grab a multimeter and see what short circuits when the switch is flicked on different pins. You may have it back to front with the power hence the light not working or always on. Just my 1.5 cents :)

Try swapping the 2 power wires around, because it must be hooked up so the power in to the switch is on the upper switching pin, instead of the lower one. You need the output to the spotlights on the middle pin on the side with 3 on it from memory

the switch has a total of 5 pins; 3 on one side and 2 on the other, i have the Red wire in the middle pin and the White on the bottom pin and the Black makes no difference on any remaining pins.

Oh ok. Now I've got ya. So you just chopped the push button one off and using the same wiring as what ran to that? Try switching the red and white wires around and see if that helps.

bogs , your a brain and i am a dummy. i swapped over the Red and White wires and guess what ? it now works perfectly, nice bright Red ON light when the switch is turned On. many thanks now i can sleep in peace.

Latest posts

Back