Ronnies 88 D21 King Cab

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ronnie

Reaction score
Hey guys thought id finally post up some pics of the old girl, here she is in all her glory!

Mods so far include Brand new weber carby jetted for torque, Power steering Kit, Solex door locks, Clarion head unit, Kenwood 6x9's in back and 6 inches up front, 16 inch D22 Alloys, Woodgrain steering wheel and Tachometer - also came with the extractors when i bought it.

Mods soon to come are a full Dobbinson suspension kit with 3 inch lift - should be done in next 2 or so weeks hopefully and then Either maxxis Bighorns or Mickey T MTZ's. Down the track a bit ill be putting in some terrano seats and terrano nudge bar with spotties. Cheers!

Last edited:
Extra pics

Wouldnt let me post more than 4 pics at a time so heres a few more i snapped of the engine,carby and the cab.

yeah mate - shes pretty mint, I figured because its in such good nick bodywise and engine is strong i can justify spending a bit of coin on her :cheers!:

Thanks guys, got quoted for some mickey t mtz's today 265/75 R16's for $311 a tyre fitted and balanced so im going to go for these, suspension lift kit goes in on the 27th and then tyres the next day. Will post up some more pics once its done :rock:

Looks good mate, STR rims look good on it to.

Not a fan of the brown interior thought.

That a Z20 or Z24 ?

Dave.

Nice tidy looking D21 mate :top:
Will look good with the 3" lift in and the MTZ's :top:

Cheers Deadly, big fan of ur truck btw, maybe u can fab some sliders for me down the track for some cash money? And I want ur front bar too!

Yeah not a fan of the interior either Dave, trying to cover up as much as i can with the dashmat n floormats!:D oh and its a z24. Actually managed to light it up leaving the mrs place the other day - had a bit of an argument so gave it some on the way out, pulled some twinnys and she stepped out a bit aswell! Must be the new carby giving it so much balls :rock:

Last edited:
Cheers Deadly, big fan of ur truck btw, maybe u can fab some sliders for me down the track for some cash money? And I want ur front bar too!
Thanks Mate:top:
No worries mate, let me know when your ready.
Looking at building a tube winch bar in the near future, might be able to work something out for this one:wink:

Thanks Mate:top:
No worries mate, let me know when your ready.
Looking at building a tube winch bar in the near future, might be able to work something out for this one:wink:

Sounds good will let you know - shouldnt be too far down the track i hope!

Rang the guy back that quoted me $310 a tyre for 265/75/16 mtz's and he tells me he cant do them for that price and that it was a mistake blah blah blah... I think this is bullshit. I have the written quote in my car on the back of his card, What do you guys think i should do? worth pursuing or should i just cut my losses and look elsewhere?

Sounds good will let you know - shouldnt be too far down the track i hope!

Rang the guy back that quoted me $310 a tyre for 265/75/16 mtz's and he tells me he cant do them for that price and that it was a mistake blah blah blah... I think this is bullshit. I have the written quote in my car on the back of his card, What do you guys think i should do? worth pursuing or should i just cut my losses and look elsewhere?

How long ago was the quote? If it was under a month ago I'd say he doesn't deserve your business. A good person does what they say they'll do, when they say they'll do it, for the price they say they'll charge.

More than a month ago and he can change the quote all he wants, that's the accepted max effective period I've seen around.

was only 2 weeks ago maximum, pretty pissweak but theres not much i can do really... except badmouth him to everyone else. Total Traction Tyres - Dont go there they are lying pricks!

Suspension, lift and mickey t's are done - looks tuff! Going to beachport for the long weekend will post up some action shots and maybe some vids when we get back. Can't wait!

Blew head gasket on the way up, either that or cracked it. Devestated, had to get it towed to mt barker which thankfully wasn't far then went and got the x-trail and loaded all our gear up. Weekend was still good but nowhere near as fun as it woulda been in the nav. I will probably get the whole engine rebuilt with when they fix the head, hopefully after that it should be smooth sailing next trip!

Fully rebuilt motor going in with 40 thou oversized pistons hopefully be done by Thursday.

Latest posts

Back