Roof Console

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know ARB in Dandenong have fitted roof consoles to D40's, You could give them a call. The photo's I saw didn't impress me that much, it hung too low in my opinion, sorry I can't remember the brand.

ARB up here were suppose to have them too according to the website and correspondence with said website but I know the family who runs ARB here and they reckon they've never sold one of them.

I may look at ARB Dandy next time I'm down town but I am really leaning towards a shelf now because I'm too used to having them, they are a godsend in the truck and the tractor and if they can be made to suit the Nav I think it would suit me down to a tee.

I just bought one for the D22.It is a great product and a peice of piss to install.You remove your front map lights and mirror.You pull the centre light roof light out.There is a bracket you screw onto the existing holes in the roof.There is another bracket you screw to the front of the console.They supply wiring that just plugs in at the centre light.You screw one screw into the back mount then put the 2 in the front.Put the other in the rear then tighten all 4.screw your mirror back on and away you go.The onlytool you need is a phillips head screw driver.Very happy with it.

If you mounted the CB up there you'd have to pull the roof carpet back and route the power and antenna cables down one pillar too wouldn't you? Still not a hard job but a bit fiddly and annoying no doubt.

I saw these things advertised at the ARB store in Northam, W.A. today, they only had a display stand with pamphlets etc, they look ok, if your still after one I can ask more about it when I'm there next. The brochure says they fit both D22 and D40, but again I didn't actually ask if they are different designs for the different Navs.

I'm not overly interested in them these days, one might be ok but since I've already got my UHF mounted elsewhere there is other jobs on the to do list before I get around to this one.

According to the website the consoles are a universal fit for a number of different makes and models.

The local ARB had a dual radio version of some brand when I was in the last week (failed enthuse the wife campaign). Sorry about details but I had to ask what it was since it was upside down. [lot to learn]

There is a number of different companies doing roof consoles now and you're right one of them is a dual radio model. 4WD Action mag has ads for several of the companies in most of the older issues I have had floating around so I assume the new issues are the same.

Ok I'm revisiting this thread rather than starting another because I think the roof console might be back on the agenda. While there is a few consoles on the market now I still haven't seen one that suits my every need and with the price of them I reckon they should meet my needs so I'm going to revisit the idea of building one.

Since time is going to be an issue because I want to build this and a new tool/battery box and still do all the other things I need to before going away I'm looking for a relatively quick build up option.

Has anyone with a D40 got one of the manufactured ones that could offer up some dimensions?

Has anyone got the measurement between the front screw mounts (the map lights) and the rear screw mounts which the manufactured roof consoles mount to?

I'm not sure how much difference there is between the D40 and D22 when it comes to these measurements but I figured I'd throw up the question here for d40 owners before I looked at pulling the roof carpet off myself.

Latest posts

Back