roothy needs your help (again)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparra04

Reaction score
quoted from roothy

This message is vital! The battle to save our lifestyle is back on the agenda.

For years the Federal Government and National Parks have been closing down your local tracks around Australia. Now, the Tasmanian Labour State Government are set to close the iconic Arthur-Pieman Conservation Area on Tasmania’s West Coast.

This area is one of the most iconic destinations for Aussie 4WDers adventurers yet the Tasmanian State government are going to lock the gates and shut us out! They’re planning to close Sandy Cape and the Tarkine Forest and that’s just the beginning.

Enough is enough. For too long have we let state governments dictate where we can and can't in our own country.

In 2010, the Tasmanian State government opened up public discussion between the 1st April and the 7th of May in regard to closing 44 4WD tracks and they claim to have received 2,354 submissions.

Tasmanian Minister for Environment, Parks and Heritage, Brian Wightman announced that he ‘appreciated’ and ‘acknowledged’ the opinion of off-roaders. Despite this, on the 9th of February 2012 the Minister approved the report put forward by Tasmanian Parks & Wildlife Services to close 4WD tracks in the area as of July 1st 2012!

Have you seen this area? Have your kids camped there? Without your help generations of Australians will be shut out of this absolutely wonderful country. Help us fight it, we did it with VSI-50, we did it with VSB-14 and now we need your help once again. Don’t let National Parks lock us out of our own country!

What can you do?

Show your support by joining me at the protest rally which is being held at the football ground in Smithton Tasmania on Sunday the 20th of May at midday. If you can't be there, get on the 4WD Action Facebook page and website and at least be heard. Tell all your mates, get the message out there! This is serious stuff, these tracks will be closed if you don’t help me do something about it!

It's time to take a stand! Click through to the 4WD Action website to send an email to the Minister, let him know that 4WDers have a voice and we will be heard!

http://enews.emgroup.com.au/4wd/2012/tassie_act_now/

Last edited:
I signed the petition the other day, not sure if it will do any good but i signed it none the less.

quoted from roothy

This message is vital! The battle to save our lifestyle is back on the agenda.

For years the Federal Government and National Parks have been closing down your local tracks around Australia. Now, the Tasmanian Labour State Government are set to close the iconic Arthur-Pieman Conservation Area on Tasmania’s West Coast.

This area is one of the most iconic destinations for Aussie 4WDers adventurers yet the Tasmanian State government are going to lock the gates and shut us out! They’re planning to close Sandy Cape and the Tarkine Forest and that’s just the beginning.

Enough is enough. For too long have we let state governments dictate where we can and can't in our own country.

In 2010, the Tasmanian State government opened up public discussion between the 1st April and the 7th of May in regard to closing 44 4WD tracks and they claim to have received 2,354 submissions.

Tasmanian Minister for Environment, Parks and Heritage, Brian Wightman announced that he ‘appreciated’ and ‘acknowledged’ the opinion of off-roaders. Despite this, on the 9th of February 2012 the Minister approved the report put forward by Tasmanian Parks & Wildlife Services to close 4WD tracks in the area as of July 1st 2012!

Have you seen this area? Have your kids camped there? Without your help generations of Australians will be shut out of this absolutely wonderful country. Help us fight it, we did it with VSI-50, we did it with VSB-14 and now we need your help once again. Don’t let National Parks lock us out of our own country!

What can you do?

Show your support by joining me at the protest rally which is being held at the football ground in Smithton Tasmania on Sunday the 20th of May at midday. If you can't be there, get on the 4WD Action Facebook page and website and at least be heard. Tell all your mates, get the message out there! This is serious stuff, these tracks will be closed if you don’t help me do something about it!

It's time to take a stand! Click through to the 4WD Action website to send an email to the Minister, let him know that 4WDers have a voice and we will be heard!

http://enews.emgroup.com.au/4wd/2012/tassie_act_now/

kinda makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside regarding the ones that voted the those BASTARD greens into power
:rambo:

I'm in, about 8 years ago they closed more the half of my favorite camping area, the myall lakes national park and I'm still pissed about it. Fight to save them and fight too have them reopened.

Screw progress (and the greens)
i want my country back
and one has to wonder ??
is there an indiginious claim pending on said land ?

please follow link and voice your opinion
it only takes a minute

Last edited:
ive never been to Tasmania and will probably never get there, Hope i do. Nether the less ill sign it and everyone else should im all for a green movement but we should be able ti explore and take or kids exploring wherever we wont.
I hope everyone jumps onto this and takes a few minutes to do it cause it may be the land of the 2 heads now/Tasmania 0_o but tomorrow it could be in your back yard and one day you will go to go to go camping or take your kids or grand kids camping and relies you can only take them to a caravan park 50km near the places you want to show hem and enjoy together

Signed and sent the other day. I'm over this lock it up shit! The same clowns who locked up Myall Lakes have control over a once state Forrest here and it has gone to shit!!!!

Cheers Brad

joined and sent!!! im not from tazzy, but have definetly experienced 1st hand around my own area, all the local forests and tracks slowly being closed down to the public for no good reason.

Back