Rpm

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Might be an obvious answer, but "redline" is the safe limit.

That said, I never EVER push mine that hard. 3500rpm in my D40 and it's trying to sprout wings. That might be just my perception of it since I didn't buy the car to flog it to death so I normally drive it gently, but at 3500rpm you are developing a LOT (nearly max, if memory serves) of horsepower and you're right in the peak torque zone.

I don't like the sound of the car revving hard either. The tone is much nicer at low rpm (for my taste, anyway).

mine starts to drop off over 3700rpm
i try to keep it under 3300 usially change up at 2700
safe max rpm is a personal choice but why rev engine outside its torque band?
your just wasting diesel and wearing out engine

Isn't it good every now and again to "thrash" it to get rid of the oil clumps inside the engine? I was told that for my old pulsar.?

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Isn't it good every now and again to "thrash" it to get rid of the oil clumps inside the engine? I was told that for my old pulsar.?

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

What he said.

Your not going to hurt the engine by reving it out. Bouncing it off the rev limiter isn't a smart thing to do all the time.

Ill rev my ZD30 out when needed, it loves it.

Cleans it out.

What he said.

Your not going to hurt the engine by reving it out. Bouncing it off the rev limiter isn't a smart thing to do all the time.

Ill rev my ZD30 out when needed, it loves it.

Cleans it out.

I agree. the ecu cuts fuel at the red line anyway to prevent over reving.(past the safe limit)

I let mine rev out to around 4000rpm sometimes, especially when towing the boat. The old zd30 has 210000kms on it and isnt showing any signs of slowing down

Latest posts

Back