Rubber Duckie

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Navara_noob

Reaction score
Does anyone know if it is illegal to mount a hood ornament on your bonnet in QLD? i have check the main roads site but cant see anything there that really relates to a hood ornament.

THE CONVOY DUCK

and YES i do want to mount one of these and no i am not a wanker, unless you ask Gonzo, he may advise otherwise on that topic :biggrin: hehe

i have always loved that duck since i was a kid and saw the movie and always said i'd get one one day

man i stuck it in the wrong bloody spot again, was meant for the d22 general chat, i gotta stop drinking and posting

Last edited:
Oh FFS why dont you just get a transformers Badge for your grille :sarcastic:

Have you fitted your Cup holder yet ?

Haven't bought mine yet mate, bit lite on funds ATM, i am one of "those" fathers who decided to be a bachelor and raise my kids the same way. leaves me a little short from time to time, but fear not, hopefully the tax man sees me as a friend and refunds me some dosh.

Hey noob,
You gotta be kiddin me??
I've been wanting to the same but thought yeah everyone will think
I'm a wanker and someone will pinch it.
There's a shop in Melb that has them from time to time and I'm trying to get the misses to buy me one for Chrissy but so far no joy.
Convoy is the first movie I ever saw.
I started a fake company at trade school called R.D.Turfing with the duck as my logo and who knows maybe one day that might be my real company name ha ha!
Cheers.

Hey noob,
You gotta be kiddin me??
I've been wanting to the same but thought yeah everyone will think
I'm a wanker and someone will pinch it.
There's a shop in Melb that has them from time to time and I'm trying to get the misses to buy me one for Chrissy but so far no joy.
Convoy is the first movie I ever saw.
I started a fake company at trade school called R.D.Turfing with the duck as my logo and who knows maybe one day that might be my real company name ha ha!
Cheers.

Hey Digbyj,

I never let other peoples opinions worry me, but yeah i knew straight away i'd get flamed for it, but stuff em, i still want one and one day i will have one. just need to know if there legal to mount them :rock: which might even mean a quick re visit to my dvd library and a re watch of Convoy over the weekend.

I think the original Duck had a little tuff of yellow hair as well !!!

Yeah it's got a Mohawk, that's the only difference I think? They're still made from the same mould as in the movie as yours probably already aware.
There's plenty of utes out there with hood ornaments, you might have to make a trip to another forum. I thought about having avremovable mount so I can just be a wanker when I choose haha.
Might watch Convoy myself this weekend.

you should look at Carlashes as well then no one would think your a wanker .:rock::driver:

8wbobbiknvll0ohhuk6d.jpg

Hey its not something Id do to my D22.

But if he wants to do it, its up to him.

Its his car.

Notice no questions. Dont wanna hijack this thread.

Sorry I didn't mean to pick on D22 drivers I forgot they can be a delicate bunch at times :ha:

No questions but I'll give an answer to the original question

Like fishing rod holders and the like the legality of such an item would be judge of it's protrusion. Rolls and Merc etc now have to make their hood ornaments fold under pressure so as to supposedly alleviate potential damage to pedestrians. I doubt (but didn't look to see) if a Convoy duck folds out of the way, however on vehicles with a bullbar it may be able to be argued that the ornament is far enough back and weak enough to break under contact and not to cause an issue.

The lashes which will have some rigidity to them will fold under the weight and should probably be legal, but it pays to check in each state.

HAHAHA car lashes, well i see plenty of utes with the MACK bull dog, however i don't know if there mounted legally, and besides, i prefer the duck to the dog

Nah us D40 drivers only do head jobs not facials.

With the exception of Dave's back because he just wont go anywhere else these days.

Latest posts

Back