rx 2.5 d40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john boy

Reaction score
i have a 2009 nisssan navara 2.5 d40 rx i think the peak power is 128kw and torque 403nm i believe.

i am getting a tough dog 2 inch suspension lift, i have 265's/75/16 maxxiss all terrains. i have bullbar ARB bash plates protection underneath car so heavy at front why i need lift.

see if i get 285's will it use a lot more power of road.

i dont know power and torque of rx, st, stx, e.t.c.

i was told a 3 inch lift affects the car is that right i would prefer that

what is your question exactly?

If you will lose power by putting on a lift kit? or if you can fit 285's on a 2" suspension lift? or if you can get a 3" lift?

You are ultimately better off with a 2+2 lift instead of a 3" suspension lift.

to many questions in 1 sorry mate.

cause its only 2.5 and the weight on the car bull bar, heavy bash plates ,canopy. will it take a lot of power away from the car if i put 285's on instead of my 265's on. as i been told they will use a lot more power a lot?
like to go off road

Last edited:
you probably won't notice it offroad in low range, on the bitumen though it will feel a fair bit slower.

I've done to my D40 what you're talking about and the only noticeable difference I detected was in the acceleration, it wasn't as zippy off the line with the 285's as it was with the 255's.

There is a slight reduction in power, but only slight.

From what I understand it's more along the lines of fitment, such as carpet instead of rubber flooring, fancier seats etc.

I have an 07 Spanish RX and it has carpet :)

It does not have electric windows or mirrors nor factory cruise control (I have after market cruise control).

In terms of power I believe the engine and drive train are identical.

There you go. There are so many variations on what modle has what, it's very hard to work out.
I've got options on my st-x that other st-x owners don't have, even though the vehicles are the same year. It's like they put onto the vehicle whatever was in the options bin when the car came down the assembly line. If the options bin was empty, the vehicle missed out.

Latest posts

Back