Sat Nav map updates

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrootStik

Reaction score
Hey guys.
Just picked up my Nav tonight (going to put some pics up tomorrow when its light). One thing i realised is that the inbuilt sat nav does not have map updates. Its a 2014 model series 7. We live where there are a few new estates over the past 2-3 years but nothing is showing in this area.
Must be some sort of update, and if there is, how do i get it?
Just curious thats all, i have bigger and more important things to worry about, but i thought i would ask.

Thanks

It will depend on the unit itself. I'm very disappointed that my $3,000 Pioneer AVIC 910BT has old maps and they asked me for $240 to update them. I've paid far more than I needed to, updates should NOT cost me that much. With the other issues I'm having - mostly a dreadfully slow CPU running a woeful WinCE v5 - I'll not recommend Pioneer to anyone, ever. It's a REASONABLE unit. It's not a $3,000 unit. I'm happy enough to not change it until I find an Android-based unit that has digital radio, and then the Pioneer goes where it belongs (in a bin).

If your unit is the factory model, your dealer will be able to provide updates. Whether they actually can, or will, or will do it at a reasonable cost, is anyone's guess right now.

I'm glad I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 with OSMAnd+ installed.

Somewhere within the menus will be a version number, although you could hope that they also provide the map date there too. If not, somewhere in Nissan will be a method of equating that version number to a release date.

I've not played with one - hopefully someone who has will chime in!

So i just rang Nissan, and spoke to the person i had been dealing with.
Apparently they are up to date maps.
It doesn't even have any of the estates in my area on there. They have been up for about 3 years hahaha.
She said there might be a way to update them yourself earlier.
But apparently Nissan have an update coming later in the year.

OpenStreetMap (OSM) only way to go.

New roundabout under construction near where I live, and I've updated it already now that the signs have gone up.

Commercially produced maps can be years out of date.

Dex

OSM is available in Android's Play Store (an app like OSMAnd+ is great) - have a look at a few and find one you're comfy with.

I doubt it'll run on your in-dash system which is probably using Windows Mobile 6 or something like that.

Ok so Nissan have said to me when i take it in for the 1000km service that they will check and update to the latest maps for the GPS.

With them saying that, does anyone have the latest map update?
If so what year are they and the number so i can check it against whatever they do to mine.
Im sure mine is currently 11/12 maps.

Latest posts

Back