Scan gauge

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey mate, if you use the search function there is a thread that has like 129 posts in it. Maybe start there and see if your answers are in there? If not post it up.

Just type in scan gauge and it comes up.

Thanks I tryed the search but because I'm using my phone it didn't find it ,

I'm looking at getting a scan gauge has anyone installed one like ScanGaugeII - How to Buy ?

For the D22, I think the scangauge only works on the YD25 common rail D22 engine. The ZD30 don't work.

I find the following gauges work on my D22:

KM\H (correct reading)
RPM
Intake Temp
Water Temp
Horsepower\Kilowatts
Engine Load
Throttle Position Sensor
Litres per hundred (although I havent calibrated it yet)
Voltmeter
There may be some others that work but I havent tried them all.

Some that don't work:
MAP
Ignition Timing

Overall, I think it's worth the 170 bucks. I fixed it with the velcro to the dash and hid the cable under my dash mat and down the side of the dash next to the door and fixed into the OBD port near my feet.

Hope that info is useful.

NavaraD22 said:
For the D22, I think the scangauge only works on the YD25 common rail D22 engine. The ZD30 don't work.

KM\H (correct reading)
RPM
Intake Temp
Water Temp
Horsepower\Kilowatts
Engine Load
Throttle Position Sensor
Voltmeter

Some that don't work:
MAP
Ignition Timing

Overall, I think it's worth the 170 bucks. I fixed it with the velcro to the dash and hid the cable under my dash mat and down the side of the dash next to the door and fixed into the OBD port near my feet.

Thanks for that, now for my next question I have an 04 str would that be the zd30 engine ?

Hey guys i got my self a scangauge but cant seem to get much to work and i have reset it twice, just curious what settings you used on yours and so forth and were u possibly getting turbo psi readings?

Cheers,

KM\H (correct reading)
RPM
Intake Temp
Water Temp
Horsepower\Kilowatts
Engine Load
Throttle Position Sensor
Voltmeter

Some that don't work:
MAP
Ignition Timing

so what are your HP/KW readings??

so what are your HP/KW readings??

As I'm a pom, I have it set to Horse Power. I think the max figure I've managed to get it to hit was 122HP at around 4,000 rpm. I'll double check next time I go out in it and also get the KW readings for you.

I think the D22 YD25 engine has max 98KW which (according to google) equates to 131HP approx. There are different ways of measuring HP though and I'm no expert. I assume these readings are a best effort (guesstimate).\

I'll update this next time I go out (just had a couple whisky's so cant check right now)

As I'm a pom, I have it set to Horse Power. I think the max figure I've managed to get it to hit was 122HP at around 4,000 rpm. I'll double check next time I go out in it and also get the KW readings for you.

I think the D22 YD25 engine has max 98KW which (according to google) equates to 131HP approx. There are different ways of measuring HP though and I'm no expert. I assume these readings are a best effort (guesstimate).\

I'll update this next time I go out (just had a couple whisky's so cant check right now)

thanks, hp is ok for me as i too am from the "Imperial Revolution".
but even after setting the unit using its website coding, it will not show a hp reading when set to HP:rant::rant:

I cant remember exactly what I did to get it to work. I do remember there were 2 ways to set it up and one didnt work for me as it gives incorrect readings.

I'll have a look for my instructions\codes and post them in this thread soon.

I cant remember exactly what I did to get it to work. I do remember there were 2 ways to set it up and one didnt work for me as it gives incorrect readings.

I'll have a look for my instructions\codes and post them in this thread soon.

Ta......the function comes up when scrolling through but I dont get a reading

Ha ur rite that would help, its a d22 2010 i got the gauge 2 months ago and havent got it to work with fuel settings and so forth only getting a handfull of the options.

Ha ur rite that would help, its a d22 2010 i got the gauge 2 months ago and havent got it to work with fuel settings and so forth only getting a handfull of the options.

if your thinking you will get all the functions listed on the box/brocure/web advertisment......you dont...SGII is a yank product designed for yank cars but does a handfull of functions for us here..
The functions listed above a few post is what you'll get, only as i mentioned before I'm having probs with the HP mode.
As for the fuel econ function i tried to set mine up but spat the dummy with it...Krafty got his to work perfectly according to him..

also there is a long thread on the subject elsewhere in the forum, check it out...

So here's what I did to get HP working. These are the instructions from Ample Outdoors to set KW, but I've changed the MTH value from 000A00300000 to 000A00240000. I got this from some other list of codes which I'll post up in a min.

• Start from the HOME screen, press MORE>MORE>MORE>XGAUGE
• Then in the top right select the number of the X-Gauge memory you want
to use (0 to 24)
• Next select <EDIT this will take you to the TXD screen
• Use the + and - buttons to enter each character at the underscore position, the
º button at the top right will move to the next character space. Use + and -
buttons after each character the -> in the top right will move to the next
character space
• Enter 00 into the TXD screen and press OK>
• Enter 400080000000 in the RXF screen and press OK>
• Enter 0000 in the RXD screen and press OK>
• Enter 000A00240000 for diesel vehicles in the MTH screen and press OK>
• Enter HP in the NAME screen and when you are finished press OK>
• Lastly press SAVE.

Now you can select your new gauge just like any other one. From the home
screen, press GAUGE, press the button next to the gauge you want to use
for the X-Gauge. Keep pressing as needed until your newly created
HP X-Gauge name appears.

So here's what I did to get HP working. These are the instructions from Ample Outdoors to set KW, but I've changed the MTH value from 000A00300000 to 000A00240000. I got this from some other list of codes which I'll post up in a min.

• Start from the HOME screen, press MORE>MORE>MORE>XGAUGE
• Then in the top right select the number of the X-Gauge memory you want
to use (0 to 24)
• Next select <EDIT this will take you to the TXD screen
• Use the + and - buttons to enter each character at the underscore position, the
º button at the top right will move to the next character space. Use + and -
buttons after each character the -> in the top right will move to the next
character space
• Enter 00 into the TXD screen and press OK>
• Enter 400080000000 in the RXF screen and press OK>
• Enter 0000 in the RXD screen and press OK>
• Enter 000A00240000 for diesel vehicles in the MTH screen and press OK>
• Enter HP in the NAME screen and when you are finished press OK>
• Lastly press SAVE.

Now you can select your new gauge just like any other one. From the home
screen, press GAUGE, press the button next to the gauge you want to use
for the X-Gauge. Keep pressing as needed until your newly created
HP X-Gauge name appears.

thanks...I cant 'member if that code is the same as the one i got off the SG webpage but I'll find it and suss it out.

Back