Scan gauge

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like a firmware upgrade is available (for 50 bucks). I'm running 3.17mb version i think. This might possibly explain why the HP may not work.

Firmware Details: Ample Outdoors

Versions 3.0 to 3.14 - Base ScanGauge features were in place, minor technical changes were made to prepare for X-Gauge release.

Version 3.15 - (2007) X-Gauge functionality added.

Version 3.16 - (~2009) AVG and TFC X-Gauges included in firmware.

Version 3.17 - (2009) Minor bugfix release for the Gallons/Litres to Empty X-Gauge, sometimes the word Gallons or Litres would flash across the Gauge screen on some vehicles.

Version 3.17mb - (05/2010) Minor bugfix release for some vehicles that use the KWPF protocol (particularly vehicles that used a Mercedes Benz engine) Fixes a timing issue that prevented the SGII connecting to some KWPF vehicles.

Version 4.02 - (04/2011) Major release. Changes to menu system and setup options. Turbo Boost gauge and Horsepower gauge added as standard gauges. Performance Monitor added - record, save and playback up to 8 performance runs. Revisions to Trouble Code clearing protocols. Fuel consumption can now be displayed in kilometres per litre or Litres per 100 km. Alternate method for clearing DTCs. Horsepower gauge adjustment. Changes to the on screen Menu structure. For more information feel free to download the latest user manual for the new v4.02 ScanGauge2 here.(10.6mb)

Version 4.05 - (07/2011) Addition to the Performance Monitor that allows a performance run to be recorded in metric as well as imperial units.

Version 4.06 - (09/2011) Re-introduction of the Mercedes Benz fix that was added to 3.17mb. The fix was mistakenly left out of 4.02 and 4.05 and is only of benefit to a small number of early model Mercedes Benz vehicles that use the KWPF protocol.

Ha ur rite that would help, its a d22 2010 i got the gauge 2 months ago and havent got it to work with fuel settings and so forth only getting a handfull of the options.

tommi the sc website says our models fuel type must = gas for a reading have u tried this?

I have just fitted a scangauge v3.17mb to my 550, the read outs Iam using are avg fuel & water temp, volts & bst, I have tried the net for the tft (transmission temp but cannot find one, does anyone know it or any other codes that are useful.
cheers Lyle

Sorry guys not sure if this should be in a d40 thread or if the codes are the same.

Last edited:
Doesn't really matter where it goes I guess we have a few threads related to SG now days.

SG is not the sort of tool you can just download things from the net for, all upgrades have to be done by either the Aussie supplier (who may or may not update them locally) or from the US manufacturer. I don't know how many tools like SG have downloadable updates or extra codes not supplied in the shipped package but SG never has been and I doubt ever will be atleast in it's current form.

I have just fitted a scangauge v3.17mb to my 550, the read outs Iam using are avg fuel & water temp, volts & bst, I have tried the net for the tft (transmission temp but cannot find one, does anyone know it or any other codes that are useful.
cheers Lyle

Sorry guys not sure if this should be in a d40 thread or if the codes are the same.

all the different (not allready installed) gauges/ install codes can be found on the US website, tho you will find that whatever you are reading on your SG now is all you will get to work....been there done that.
But feel free to try.

Have a nice day

Back