SE Carpark/Citylink Roadworks

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Google maps is being updated in Aus over summer but the majority of Google earth is over 2 years old so Solid D22 is right only use them as a guide. Even the latest map books and nav software wont have the most recent changes given that alot of the roadwork hasn't long finished.

Dec 28 is definitely a public holiday so there is going to be very little traffic compared to a usual Monday arvo so once you're out the other side of the tunnels if you pay attention you should be fine.

I know there is a couple of cameras on East Link and The Ring road but are there many on the SE Carpark? Would have thought with all that road work they'd be offline because they'd melted from over use.

Cameras don't bother me, I'll be towing with my family on board = slow and safe driving.

As long as there are signs from Dandenong to the Westgate Freeway I don't really care much beyond that. I can't see them moving that bridge in a hurry!

Thanks for the pointers guys, we'll be careful when we get there.

If you believe some of the idiots out there they should move the bridge because it's too old and needs work but I think you'll be safe takes the Victorian government about 30 years to finish a roads project in the city. If you get on the SE Carpark before Dandenong (just follow the M1 signs) there is very little signage you'll need to get to the West Gate as the SE eventually becomes the West Gate after the tunnels, there maybe a lane change or two but thats about it from what I remember. I'd reckon your GPS will be sending you that was as the quickest route (with tolls) anyway.

Red light cameras are a bit of an issue with a long vehicle but I've never paid a red light camera fine in a truck. We have some of the dual cameras that do speed and red light and can tell if you were speeding up to beat the light and if there is a speed increase between the photos you have less chance of getting away with it. For the ones without the speed function a letter to Vic roads stating you were too long and couldn't stop safely without causing problems for other drivers (as long as it's polite and not full of crap) is usually enough to get you out of it. Of course there is always exceptions. But Melbourne drivers generally wont let you be last through a set of traffic lights anyway, most of the time you go through right as it changes to red and you will see atleast 2 other cars follow you. Even so if you use the South Gippy then the SE to the West Gate you wont see a red light camera until you get to Altona.

You'll be right it's an easy run. If you get stuck just follow a truck most of them are going out the other side of town anyway

Simple, travel to the end of the sth gippy hwy, the end is when you cross over the railway tracks. Right turn there, you are now on the princes hwy travelling away from dandenong. About 3kms approx, turn left onto the m1 freeway, follow that all the way to your destination which has the signs to turnoff, should take a bit over an hour to get where your going. Stick to the middle lane out of the tunnel and you wont get confused.

Simple, travel to the end of the sth gippy hwy, the end is when you cross over the railway tracks. Right turn there, you are now on the princes hwy travelling away from dandenong. About 3kms approx, turn left onto the m1 freeway, follow that all the way to your destination which has the signs to turnoff, should take a bit over an hour to get where your going. Stick to the middle lane out of the tunnel and you wont get confused.

Get off the South Gippy earlier than Dandy road, saves the crappy traffic and traffic lights on Dandy Rd around the Iveco factory

Back