Second set of wheels / tyres for 2012 St

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pac1977

Reaction score
Hi all. I have a fairly stock 2012 ST that still has the stock wheels/tyers. I am planning a trip that will involve some moderate 4wd with the risk (if it rains) of some very muddy roads. I was after some advice on what to look for in second hand set of wheels tyres with AT or mud tyres on them. The car does not have a lift so I am not looking to increase size. I know very little about offest's etc but there does appear to be a few sets of 16inch wheels around (steel and alloy). Would these suit with a slightly larger tyre or should I stick with trying to find some 17s. Trying to keep the costs down as the stock tyres still have heaps left in them.

Any advice would be very much appreciated,

PAC.

Y not just buy AT or mud tyres and fit them to the nav for the trip then replace with stockers when you return? If u shop around u can find some good deals mob down the road were doing Hankook dynapro MT for 260 a tyre. If u can keep to 17s otherwise you will need a 16" spare incase u get a flat (don't want 3 16" rims and 1 17rim, different tyre sizes can really damage your diff) . I've been looking for a second set for my nav on gumtree and a few FB pages HOWEVER our shirt offset means our type of rims don't come up very often.

Thanks Bigmik3, I think in the end that's the path I will have to take. Just struggle coughing up for new tyres when the factory ones have on,y done 40k. Will pay a visit to some tyre places during the week, got 7 weeks before we head off.

Shame your not in sydney was a set on Mickey thompsons MT with about 80% tread selling on FB for 1000. Just remember spare needs to be same size as the tires you will be running just incase u get a blow out in whoop woodpecker and have to drive on it for a while. Tyres will be cheap in comparison to a blown diff.

Brand new

I have a brand new set of factory 17's with new tyres on them if you want

I have a brand new set of factory 17's with new tyres on them if you want

Thanks for the offer but judging by your name I am assuming your in Brinsbane, bit far form country Victoria. Out of interest what $$ are you looking to get for them?

Thanks for the offer but judging by your name I am assuming your in Brinsbane, bit far form country Victoria. Out of interest what $$ are you looking to get for them?

They've sat in the garage for 6 months now and the Mrs says get rid of them, so $500 and they're anyone's

Latest posts

Back