Securing items in tub

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

upthetigers

Reaction score
Out of curiosity how do you guys store things in the tub of the ute without it sliding around everywhere?
I have a hard lid but say you wanted to keep small camping items in the back like torches etc or the shopping?
I see Rhino have a cargo barrier that look's ok but does anyone have any better alternatives?

Should this be in the new members section?

I'm guessing you are talking about a D22 given the D40's has the utlitrack system. Not sure if anyone's adapted the D40 system to the D22's I seem to remember someone trying but don't remember the outcome. Otherwise I'd just use boxes myself but it would really depend on how much, how often and what else I use the tub for.

+1 for stackable plastic tubs. Good for tools, torches, 12V mattress inflators, puncture repair kits and keeping the shopping in place. Need some more space and don't want the empty tubs occupying it? Stack 'em.

@Krafty yeah wrong forum sorry, still getting used to posting :)

I think the plastic tubs with tie downs sound like a good idea.

Cheers

I've got a thick rubber matt with lots of holes so water/moisture doesn't sit underneath it and I use plastic tubs of various sizes.

I've got marine carpet in mine. But I just use wire baskets weighed down with a 20L Jerry can and/or straps.
Thumbs up for a rubber mat. Head to Clarke Rubber and try to get some thick rubber or high density foam cut to the shape of the tub.

Last edited:
I got the Rhino barrier... Does OK for the shopping and stops the tubs sliding around. Easy to get in and out but not strong enough to stop anything heavy unless you brace it in the utili-tracks

Hey Gov, where did you get the Barrier from? I called a place the other day and they said they only have them in the US??

Back