sensor lights wont go off

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trentd22

Reaction score
Hey all
Got my nav pretty bogged on the weekend (water about half way up the doors) luckily that morning I had installed my tigerz winch so not a great issue just winched out but then my water in fuel filter light came on and my battery charge warning light as well. So bled the fuel filter and ran engine for ages to charge batteries up but both lights are still on? Have now done probably about another 100 or so kms and are both still on. Have bled the fuel about 5 or 6 times but never looked like it had any water in it?? And have no clue how it could have got there from then anyway? Also batteries are still fully charged.one more thing as a side not had a factory fitted snorkel put on 8000kms ago and got water in the airbox.. not real happy about that anyway I will post a pick of where I am assuming water got into airbox because it looks unsealed.
Look forward to hearing some thoughts on what could be making the lights on my dash illuminate

Attachments

• 20130616_122358.jpg
    20130616_122358.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 89
That airbox connection in the pic is the factory connector even without a snorkel, i wrapped electrical tape around mine. Try disconnecting the plug to the fuel filter and spraying it with wd40, probably just got water in it. Try the same with the back of the alternator or dry it with a hair dryer. Probably worth doing any electrical connectors you can get to after a swim.

When you remove your fuel filter theres an electrical plug you pull apart to take it out - it connects to the bottom of the filter. Pull that apart and spray it, theres probably water in it.

Yeah thats what I thought you meant. Already tried an air compressor to blow it out and also checked the alternator and battery voltage before starting batterys were just above 12 and alternator was at 13.8 while car is running so im stumped. Going into the stealership tomorrow so hopefully wont be an overly expensive fix coz the truck only has 8200 kms on it :/

Check engine light isn't just for water in the fuel filter on zd30's, if thats what you've got.

Pulled the alternator out today and cleaned it right out.. still the same issue.. im assuming there is just water in some wiring somewhere and hopefully will just dry out because the engine is running perfect went in for a service and yhey checked it all over and only issue they came up with was the alternator which I checked and was working fine anyway. Mine is the 2.5l model also only 6 months old with 8000kms thats why im so worried

Latest posts

Back