Servicing costs

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daff72

Reaction score
Gidday all ive an 09 str im very happy with.Been serviced by dealer to date but 40000 due before long and the printout i got from them shows $850.All other services r about $220 but the 40-80-120-160-200 around the $850-900 mark.thinking of goin elsewere any suggestion?Thanks Dave.Btw im in melbourne

Go to a local mechanic and get him to maybe use genuine products. I do my own 5000km services which is just oil and oil filter. Always used genuine oil filter and have been using genuine oil aswell until I just recently switched back to Penrite Enviro 5w-40 oil which is fully synthetic. Will be using it in every service from here on.

I would say go elsewhere. Warranty still exist if the fill in the service logbook

Cheers
Rusty

my 10k was $209
my 20k is this week and its $288 ?? i will be asking why its dearer
i do my own oil every 5k
i will shop around for the dearer ones

My D22 ZD30 40 000k cost about $1100 in Darwin.

Last time they ever saw it.

Last time I looked at my local the 40K for the D40 was $1400, I've got all the parts needed for my 40K in a few weeks and I've spent $220.

If for some reason you do want to go with dealer servicing shop around dealers, they aren't all the same, some have introduced "flat price" servicing recently but they still aren't all the same.

My 40k, 80k, and 120k services cost about $880-$900 as well. But they pull a lot more of the car apart during those services as well. Every other one was $200, not too bad.

I asked for service pricing when I bought the car. If figure its not that bad once every 18-24 months. At the end of the day, the dealer has to make money, like any other business. I doubt anywhere else will do the same for any more than $100 less at best. But, each to their own I suppose.....

Its now out of warranty, but I might still get Nissan to do the major services, or go to UltraTune etc. The normal services I do myself.

KraftyPg said:
Last time I looked at my local the 40K for the D40 was $1400, I've got all the parts needed for my 40K in a few weeks and I've spent $220.

If for some reason you do want to go with dealer servicing shop around dealers, they aren't all the same, some have introduced "flat price" servicing recently but they still aren't all the same.

All dealers need to obide by Nissan capped price no
Navara service is $1400 that's a rip

sparra04 said:
my 10k was $209
my 20k is this week and its $288 ?? i will be asking why its dearer
i do my own oil every 5k
i will shop around for the dearer ones

20k service is a pollen folder change swell as oil + filter

FB no idea what they have changed it too since the introduction of capped priced servicing but last I was told by others their price board hadn't changed. Makes no difference to me anyway I buy parts from them at trade price, buy oil from SCA, and get all other fluids supplied for nothing so my local can charge what they like.

20K is a pollen filter CHANGE? when did Nissan start installing them before 20K? When I bought mine they never installed them until 20K and even at trade price I refuse to buy them because they do so very little. 95% of D40 owners that don't read this forum wouldn't even know if their Navara had the damn things in them.

Just had a 120k service on the Nav at my usual mechanic. He used all genuine parts and gave a full log book service for about $600.
The fuel filter was $144 alone.

That's a damn good price.
Unfortunately, dealers will always charge more. It's just how it is.
Mechanic did coolant/diff/transfer oils too?

There also are re-learns done with fuel filter changes and stuff too. Which for some reason need to be done. And literally does cause problems. These damn D40's are so sensative!!

The thing that gets me is there is 1000's of vehicles out there being serviced by independent mechs and home mechs and not all of then would know how to relearn and they also can't all be coming back to dealers with issues because relearn wasn't done. Don't get me wrong I can see some benefit to relearning after a fuel filter replacement but seriously so much of that just sounds like Nissan sales pitch.

Back