Shannons insurance??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NathanJG

Reaction score
Opinions??
Am looking at changing our car insurances from RACQ to Shannons. Reason being they are insured for market value at RACQ but they are an agreed value with Shannons. Shannons is an extra $80 per year but I am thinking for peace of mind that $80 isn't much, especially if either gets written off, cause market value isn't anywhere near our agreed values.
Does anyone insure through Shannons??

I got a quote from them for my other car (heavily modified) and they were extremely accomodating towards cars with mods would even cover when i openly told them about the illegal engine conversion ect, and provide salvage rights in case of a write off, so i caould reclaim the wreck to salvage any driveline or other parts wanted to build another one or sell or whatever. We agreed to cover it for an amount somewhere between market value and what it had spent on it, and the premiums they quoted were extremely reasonable. The only problem is they knocked me back cos of my driving record - cant have more than 5 demerit points in 5 years.

The agreed value thing and the salvage rights definately worth $80 imo.

Last edited:
The old man has an original 1978 XC Falcon cobra and to insure it he searched high and low for the best cover, and for a company that understood the real value of it... After everyone including just cars, AAMI RACV, even YOUI, Shannon's came up as the best for him, and wouldn't have it any other way mate.

I been quoted premium $980 for 2006 Navara STR agreed value of $20k and 2008 Kluger (base model) agreed value $29k both on the same policy. Our curren Rcq is $910 for market value.
Thinking I will be ringing Shannons and signing them up!

I got a quote from them for my other car (heavily modified) and they were extremely accomodating towards cars with mods would even cover when i openly told them about the illegal engine conversion ect, and provide salvage rights in case of a write off, so i caould reclaim the wreck to salvage any driveline or other parts wanted to build another one or sell or whatever. We agreed to cover it for an amount somewhere between market value and what it had spent on it, and the premiums they quoted were extremely reasonable. The only problem is they knocked me back cos of my driving record - cant have more than 5 demerit points in 5 years.

The agreed value thing and the salvage rights definately worth $80 imo.
Going by the info on their website the car must be over 35 years old for salvage rights?

Going by the info on their website the car must be over 35 years old for salvage rights?

Dunno, didnt look at the website, but had a lengthy chat with the shannons rep at classic japan car show where they had a tent. We went through all the mods thoroughly with him and was ready to sign me up but got knocked back in the end cause of my driving record. Car is 27 years and salvage rights was part of the deal. Maybe its an extra that adds on to the premium?

Their all like a turd sandwich , just depends what flavour you like your turds , given half a chance they will all bend you over and nail you

Shannons cover you while you are driving on any road marked on a map, which suits me for the driving I do (covers our cape trip later this year). Asked about slavage rights and she said even though its not 35yearsor older they still give you the first right to buy the wreck back before it goes to auction.
And like it's mentioned above all insurance compainies are only after your hard earned but unfortunatley they are a necessary part of life.

Back