Shardy's D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shardy

Reaction score
Hi all
Well ive been on this forum for around 12 months and thought it was about time i did a build thread!

In december last year the wife and i decided it was time to upgrade our 4wd to something a bit newer and cheaper to run!
We were driving a 1996 NJ mitsubishi pajero GLS and she was a great reliable old bus but after i did a trip to the red centre and back i realised that her days were numbered as a long distance tourer.
So after setting some guidlines as to what we wanted we settled on the Nissan Navara D22, mainly for the fuel economy, deisel engine and the fact that i wanted a ute again!
It wasnt long before i came accross one that ticked more boxes, steel winch bar! ARB Canopy, Tinted windows and Low kms!
This was her at the car yard!

303825fa.jpg

The plan is to set her up as a Tourer that can also handle some more challenging tracks when i feel the need.
So as soon as she was in the driveway the modifications started!
I installed a few of the bits that i kept off the pajero
Lightforce Genesis spotties
GME UHF radio and aeriel
I also installed a new JVC Stereo with a sub (mounted behind the rear seat) running the front splits hidden in the original door trims, also the stereo has a blutooth kit.

a5e2e18a.jpg

9baeb3cf.jpg

fdedd197.jpg

Next on the list i installed a Bogaard Turbo Timer
And a set of Slimline weathershields

50475a30.jpg

ed9de47c.jpg

And i had a factory Snorkel installed, i went with the factory snorkel because i liked the look better then the aftermarket options and the dealer was doing free installations so it saved me from having to cut a big hole in my shiny new panel.
77b9b365.jpg

Over easter I set about building a set of ''drawers'' in the back using 12mm marine plywood and im stoked with the final results. i had great help from my old boy and best mate with making and installing the system.
Then a few weeks after that i built and installed my own fridge slide! i wasnt happy to pay the ridiculous cost of the pre made shop versions.

The runners are lockable and cost me $103 and are rated at 125kg i used 2mm galv sheet that i had at home already

bc9f7f97.jpg

45a262e0.jpg

078585c1.jpg

Then i had my canopy rack fitted from ARB, i then over the weekend attached my awning (off my previous 4wd) and a kaymar Hi-Lift and shovel holder.

6818888e.jpg

58b82501.jpg

a93cea0f.jpg

4a4eb5b3.jpg

Also dual Jerry can holder is now mounted on the roof rack
and it was time for the navs first big trip 2 weeks in tassie! (bottom two shots of our camp set up in TAS)

d4c77659.jpg

195a3975.jpg

a349576d.jpg

Cheers guys next mods will prob be a lift, chip and rear bar aswell as side steps and rails.

Just a small update
last night i installed my rear LED lights with switch in the cab so i can flick them on when reversing, its a fair nightmare reversing in the dark with the tinted windows and the canopy.

20121026_074608.jpg

20121025_213506.jpg

20121025_185242.jpg

Love the rear lights!
How did you run the wiring through to the cab?

I'm looking at doing this very soon

Love the rear lights!
How did you run the wiring through to the cab?

I'm looking at doing this very soon

I have an existing conduit that runs from my tub to my engine bay (for second battery in tub) and there is enough room in that, then i came into the cab behind the dash.
Ive put the switch next to the handbarake in the blank spaces there.

cheers for that.
Iv'e got an ironman canopy, its ABS and has a liner inside it, still figuring out the least intrusive way of getting the wire from outside the canopy, inside the tub and then into the cab.

All help and ideas appreciated!

Shan

At the mo i just have it running down the rack and between the canopy and cab but i will be changing it as soon as i figure out a better way of doin it!

Hey guys its been along time since ive put an update up
so i thought i should
The nav now has a 2" tough dog lift and a new set of black steel rims and some new all terrain tyres

Latest posts

Back