Should Dave buy a Warn 9500XP ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should Dave buy a 9500XP Warn winch for his D22.

• Yes

Votes: 16 59.3%
  • No

Votes: 11 40.7%

• Total voters
I see them for $1350.

However I will do some more research later as I am off to the pub in a minute.

Dave.

Premier winch. Who is running one.

Anyone running one ?

I am that close to buying one.

Dave.

my brother has one on his rodeo, i have one sitting in a box in my garage.

My reasons for buying Warn (again) are pretty simple....

I am on my 3rd Warn winch - I have never had one fail on me, and whenever I have had to pull them apart to service them have never had a problem getting parts (seals etc) - just walk into the local ARB store and parts were all on the shelf or overnight delivery.

Why do I pull them apart for annual service? Because they are electro-mechanical equipment and need annual service in order to perform reliably.

BTW - I run a 9.5XP in my D40 and it pulls like a train in real world recovery situations.

!@#$ it, premier it is.

I like Warn but Warn's aren't water proof.

Premier is said to be.

Dave.

Bit of glad wrap and blu-tack and you can make anything waterproof, even a submarine. Can't say how long for, or how much you gotta use, or how useful it'll be once you've wrapped it in 57 rolls of extra-wide Home Brand cling wrap, but water certainly won't get in.

Choice made, good show. And if it's your birthday, I hope you have a bloody good one!

After all it`s your birthday tomorrow isn`t it.Happy birthday Dave

Na but I dont really need an excuse as I am not really in a relationship and dont need to explain it.

Tony its the 8th of Sep mate. I thought you would of been on a day trip somewhere today.

Dave.

No, played lift and shift and took piles of stuff to the tip. I'd forgotten how heavy refrigerators are. I'd also forgotten how badly they can stink if they've been switched off and closed for a year with fishing bait inside them.

Please, don't ask. I feel sorry for the scrap metal guys who are going to be sniffing inside it to dismantle it.

That 4300kg winch from Supercheat is almost identical to the Aldi one for $399. Notable difference is that 4300kg is 9,500lb not 15,000lb as shown in the pic on the SCA site (they probably used the wrong pic). Its specifications are absolutely identical to my Aldi one except Aldi threw in a pair of gardening gloves and an orange plastic dampener.

The unit would have come from the same factory as the one from Aldi. Which is also the same as the Tigerz, Ironman and - well, just pick any of the "other" brands that rebadge the Chinese-produced items.

good choice. will serve you well Dave. easy to get parts for, not sure how you would go getting parts for the SCA one.

Back