Should I be concerned?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
normally you don't get oil going solid in the breather tube unless something wrong with the oil. by the time any oil in it gets baked on i would have expected the whole engine to be caked with it.

have a read up on "black death".

unless there was something like grease etc in the pipe that wasn't cleaned out at manafacture. or wrong type of pipe fitted and the pipe is degradeing.

you certainly do not want that crap falling into the turbo.

That looks pretty good. We used to rely heavily on oil analysis on our diesel engines in the Navy. Very good preventative maintenance.

truck engine builders? got no idea who in perth builds truck engines, lol.

hmm, i'm just wondering what nissan are gonna say if i take it to them and show them.

though another question is, did this happen with the new or old oil? i never checked inside the hose til now and thats only cause the oil residue in the intake seemed a bit thicker.

problem after problem i reckon.

if i do the oil test and it turns out they've put the wrong oil in i'm getting on nissans ass for a new engine, and if they say no HELLO ACCC!

SKIPPER TRUCKS
268 GREAT EASTERN HWY
BELMONT, WA, WESTERN AUSTRALIA 6104
Australia Ph.08 92776811
all you need to ask them for ia an SOS-3 oil sample kit

If/when you take this to Nissan the results of an oil analysis will be your best ammunition. It becomes something they cannot argue with. Good luck mate, keep us posted.

Just took the pipe from turbo intake to air cleaner off, there was a little in the intake.

IMG_2513Large.jpg

The PCV line from the rocker cover to the turbo had a slight oily film to it. My 08 is just about to hit 14k k's.

yer jason, your intake seems about the same.

i got into my friends 89 ( i think) terrano and checked the breather line; clean cept for a bit of liquid oil, no dry stuff.

man, it makes me wonder when this engine is gonna go *poof*

Latest posts

Back