should I replace torsion bars??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NathanJG

Reaction score
Will get 2" suspension shortly. I only have fatory allot bar on the front. My second batt is in the tub and I do not have a winch. My vehicle is 6yr old and has 100k on the clock. I have been told that I can wind out the factory torsion bars but should I replace them just as a matter of course when I do the lift because they are that old??
Any recomendations??

No, I wouldn't, Mine had 157000km on when I got it, it was low in the front with a steel bull bar on but NO winch.
I adjusted up but ran out of adjustment very quickly so took the actuator levers off and re indexed on the splines, now sits 40mm higher and rides great, I wouldn't want it stiffer and would only upgrade t bars maybe if I had a winch fitted, the shocks are what is crap on these and I plan on replacing them in the future. I'll get longer travel units as I've fitted extended greasable shackles to the rear as well, here again I like the stock springs and don't need massive and stiff load carrying ability, it sits and rides great with camper in tow and gear in the tub but is still supple (for leaf springs) off road.
But all this depends on your intended use/purpose for it.

I've got tough dog heavy duty bars, fantastic when the cars loaded up on a trip but it's rough as fuck the other 90 percent of the time.

Mines the same, only got an alloy bar. Had the stock ones wound up but they have sagged again. Not to the bumpstops like before but have sagged again. I just bought a set of efs torsions to see how it goes.

I would wind up the standard ones and see how it goes. If they sagged to much again then upgrade them.

Let u know in a few weeks what its like. If to hard, i might just have to upgrade to a steel winch bar..lol.

Pete

I had my standard torsion bars re-indexed and wound up to maintain the ride height. ( I have single battery & steel bar only). Even though the ride height was fine the front end was very "squashy". Upgraded to HD's and eliminated that problem. Notice it the most when I'm off road on a slow descent. The front doesn't seem to wallow as much when all the weight forward. Still feels harsh on the road but no more then when I had standard bars fitted. It's a worthwhile upgrade I think.

i have steel bar, winch, dual batterys and with standard bars was far to front heavy, car was brand new. I fitted rock crawler torsion bars and efs shocks. I would say it is the best upgrade i have do the navara.

Thanks guys. am thinking now that I will do the torsion bars at the same time. Will see what it's like after the install hopefully in a couple of weeks.

The factory bars are nothing short of Junk. If you wind them up the will be as stiff as, you lose any flex that is left. Buy a set of torsion bars to match the rear springs that you are putting in.

I kept my stock bars when I go my initial Tuff dog lift. However after getting a second battery under the hood the front really started to sag. I have recently put a set of HD bars in but I should of done it with the initial lift to save on labour.

Latest posts

Back