Showers

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony in Tas

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has installed a shower before in their D22 and which one did they go for? (couldn't find anything through the search feature)

I'm looking at the Twine, Glind, or Piranha and wasn't sure which one would be better i.e. running pressure, volume, ease of installation, quality of heater exchange unit?

Cheers
T

There was a shower discussion a while back, it might have been in the D40 section but I do remember it. I think it possibly mentioned 1 specific brand so it might not come up in a normal search for shower, try and advanced search.

There was a shower discussion a while back, it might have been in the D40 section but I do remember it. I think it possibly mentioned 1 specific brand so it might not come up in a normal search for shower, try and advanced search.

SuperStock_1436R-333313.jpg

^ Thats what the D40 drivers were talking about though.

Pfft as if anyone getting their hair done in my Nav is calm enough to have their eyes closed.

You could probably get one far cheaper at your local hardware or gardening store. Just look at spray packs. it is exactly the same thing with a different nozzle(spray instead of jet).

The D22's have a 2 person one fitted from factory, well JAP built anyway (not sure about thai). There's a lever just next to the steering wheel. Someone had tampered with the nozzles though so I just had to turn them away from the windscreen...

Just wondering if anyone has installed a shower before in their D22 and which one did they go for? (couldn't find anything through the search feature)

I'm looking at the Twine, Glind, or Piranha and wasn't sure which one would be better i.e. running pressure, volume, ease of installation, quality of heater exchange unit?

Cheers
T

Gday Tony,Gaz 85 has one installed in his 22 and he rekons it works well.
You could try and contact him to see which brand he has.

The D22's have a 2 person one fitted from factory, well JAP built anyway (not sure about thai). There's a lever just next to the steering wheel. Someone had tampered with the nozzles though so I just had to turn them away from the windscreen...

Almost right there. The D40 is fitted with the shower activated at the steering column, the D22 got the bidet. Yet another difference between the models we should remember to tell prospective buyers.

You could probably get one far cheaper at your local hardware or gardening store. Just look at spray packs. it is exactly the same thing with a different nozzle(spray instead of jet).

I spent a couple of hours at the local plumbing outfit and Bunnings trying to do just that!

Gave up in the end. It was easier to hand over the plastic to Amazon and it arrived 3 days later from the UK.

Yep it is really good. Equal parts boiling water and ambient temp water equals perfer shower temp. 5 litres does three-four people.

Ok I have fitted a power shower from pirahna and it work fantastic.
If you want some ideas on how to mount the unit let me know and I will tack some pics and post them . I have made a brack to mount the pump between the light and the air box.
the heat exchager sits in behind the alloy bull bar, I diverted the hoses of the fire wall to the heat exchanger and back. I have not cut any of the factory hoses either.

Pics ?

Hi I've got a Glind shower i took out of my old cruiser to install in my D22 (2011) but there seems to be bugger all room and I can't see which hoses to crack into.
Does anyone have any pics of the heat exchanger installed in a D22 ?

Cheers

Shower

G'day mate, I've a glind fitted in my 09 d22 works a treat, space is very limited had to make up brackets to fit heat exchanger, if I can work out getting photos up here I'm more than happy to help you out hoses are pretty easy to sort out they come through firewall on right hand side, see what I can do with photos.

ok so i fitted my twine model on custom brackets to the engine and it seems that the vibration has caused the welding to crack as i had a small leak from god knows where and then a week later total failure so had to stop quickly, bend tube around on its self and then refill and carry on, in the mean time all coolant lost and not happy. Just remember vibration from engine will crack everything so mount unit on solid car body for sure

Latest posts

Back