single cab roof console and possible dual cab

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seen

Reaction score
Hey guys
I am looking at building a roof console for my d22 single cab and want to gauage a interest weatger other people would want one and some ideas as to what people would like to see incorporated in to them like raidio holes and map light so I can try make one that suits most peoples needs

I'm definatley interested mate mostly want the UHF up there and maybe some lil storage area what did u have in mind ?

Cheers George

There is definitely a market in these things mate, be careful though I made one for my old patrol out of sheet steel which ended up taking me quite a long time to make and I had every man and his dog want one which is great but it would just take so long to make it, the time involved would be just not worth it for me at least.

My idea is to do away with the front mounted uhf n have them side mounted means u would end up with a bigger storage area it would come with at the front a single din storage door so all u have to do is remove the door and your uhf will fit in then some little led lights with a little switch and a fuse to be on the save side

I am hoping I can make it so I can have a router templete and the they wont take me to long

Once I do my single cab I will start work on the dual cab one plan is to have it attach to the center light

I had a roof console in my GQ, hated it because the UHF cable kept swinging into my head, maps fell out and it eventually got ripped out when I whacked my head on it one too many times (grumble grumble).

If you want ideas I know there are quiet a few threads over on the Patrol forum. Here are a few:
http://www.patrol4x4.com/forum/diy-modifications-accessories-40/home-made-gq-roof-console-73844/

http://www.patrol4x4.com/forum/diy-modifications-accessories-40/gu-roof-console-91212/

http://www.patrol4x4.com/forum/nissan-patrol-gq-y60-ford-maverick-11/help-info-gq-roof-consoles-82888/

Have fun

yeh see that's why I don't like the idea having my uhf hit me in the head
with my idea I was going to have little door so nothing can fall out

Wonder if anyone could make a mould up for a perspex made one?? would be light and easier to make several kits up. i`m not that handy and dont have room or tools do such work but would be handy as i`d love to get my hands on one.

Ive just recently made one for my dual cab d22. In case anyone wants ideas.

Just made a light frame out of strap steel that also moulded quite well to the roof. Then wrapped it in fleece then a couple layers of fibreglass.
DSCF1339-1.jpg

DSCF1340.jpg

Cut a few holes for Uhf, map light and some external speakers hooked up to the Uhf. Then just got a local guy to upholster it for me.

DSCF1437.jpg

DSCF1436.jpg

So far its bloody great

Latest posts

Back