Slow oil leak...

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eug

Reaction score
Hi all,
Get a few drops on the driveway every now and then (10c piece about once a fortnight). Had a search and on the forum some people mention a drain pipe for their oil filter (green arrow), mine doesn't seem to have one. I was wondering what the red arrow is (as I have that)? Workshop manual doesn't mention anything about it.

Oil seems to be on the face of the oil cooler then over the starter, g/box then onto the driveway. I suspect it could have been slightly overfilled at the last service (dipstick says max). Would parking on an incline affect this? Going to clean it all up this weekend and keep an eye out to see if it's leaking from the (red arrow) or if it's the cooler hoses.

2007 2.5 Diesel Dual Cab STX (Spain) FYI.

Cheers in advance.
Eug

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
The thing that green arrow (and the red) is pointing to is a drain hole on the oil filter mounting. The oil filter sits 'in' the mounting a little bit and the drain hole allows oil to drain out of that area so it doesn't drip back in once the oil filter is removed.

However, I've read that not all mountings have that hole drilled out.

Maybe your oil filter is a bit loose and that area is full of oil and it's dripping out from there?????

Try tightening the oil filter by hand and see if that helps?

Latest posts

Back