slow to get in reverse

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JPR

Reaction score
After talking to a few nav owners it seams a lot have a long delay to get the auto into reverse on a 2.5 for years I have never had an issue with it until now and I have to give it a slight rev to engage when the oil in the tranny is heated up, not so much when cold start. I just flushed the fluid and put in a new filter but unfortunately no fix. Wondering how many of you have this same problem and is there a fix or just worn gear/clutches...
Jeff

It's always been like that for me. If I give the throttle a squeeze it will jolt into gear.

The gearbox obviously has to wait for something before changing gears, maybe a pressure thing? That would explain the poorer performance when hot. Be worth getting a tranny expert in here to give us some advice on how the gear selection is made and what can cause issues with it.

Yes Would b good to get Input from someone who has worked on the boxes. did yours do it from new Tony ?

Not a transmission person at all but many years ago I had the similar situation is a C4 behind a 351.It turned out to be some of the seals had started to get a little stiff so they were bleeding pressure.
i piut in some form of tranny fluid conditioner from Morely's and the issue went away
We eventually dropped the valve body ( installing a shift kit ) and while we were at it we did all the seals .never an issue after that
Not saying its the same deal but ti could be something leaking pressure

Mine is getting harder to get in reverse by the day. Just added some frictioner/valve cleaner to the new oil so see if it helps..

Latest posts

Back