small end bearings

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barrett8

Reaction score
So I just recently pressed out my small end bearings during a qd32 rebuild and recommended that I get a pro to put them back in. Having trouble finding some body willing. What's the big deal are they that hard to do. Seems easy enough??need help!!

The manual shows the pins being inserted by a press. They contain a warning to make sure that engine oil is used on the pin and the small end of the connecting rod. It doesn't say anything else.

Thanks Tony the manual I am using doesn't have pics
I will try pressing an old bearing into an old conrod and see how I go. Thanks again

You could always freeze the bearings to contract them for a few hours before you attempt to fit them. Try warming up the conrod with a gentle heat in an oven to make them expand.

lookskyward1 is on the ball, I've seen them done like this at work, chuck the bearings in the freezer and the conrods in the oven at 100 degrees for 15-20 mins and the will be a hell of a lot easier to put in. use the same trick with your gudgeon pins.

Latest posts

Back