Smokin...

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vfighter

Reaction score
Hello people

As mentioned in my intro, I have just purchased my 08 D22 Navara. Love the car and slowly getting used to driving it (owned a MY99 WRX previously)

I have a concern though. Im not familiar with diesel engines and the car has only traveled 17K, so still quite new. Problem is, when I take off quickly, there is a plume of grey smoke that billows out. Its only under load, otherwise, its ok.

I only noticed this a couple of nights ago when I could see it in the rear veiw with other cars headlights in the back - Didnt notice it when I took it for a test drive

Is this normal for a diesel?

As its still under warranty, id like some advice before I take it in to Nissan to get checked out

Thanks in advance

Ant

Mate to me sounds normal... always looks 50x worse in cars headlights... just partially burnt fuel... I remember dads D40 was smokey when you gave it a boot full off the lights...

I get a nice cloud of smoke when i take off from a standing start - but when i back the heavy right foot off the pedal, the smoke magically disappears every time.

Also, it will always look 100 times at night in the headlights of another vehicle.

Mitch

I get a nice cloud of smoke when i take off from a standing start - but when i back the heavy right foot off the pedal, the smoke magically disappears every time.

I can vouch for that, last time I followed woody I wondered why I ever gave up smoking :ha:

Back